PDA

View Full Version : heart problem? acid reflux?

lilybrody
24-11-14, 00:05
Hello, so I've not had any kind of health anxiety for a while since having my son but for the last couple of days I've been experiencing symptoms that are sending mu anxiety crazy! So I've had heartburn taken rennies and it only goes for a few min! Feeling a little sick ever now and then, palpitations! Earlier I got really hot an agitated I think it's because I was panicking! Cauld this really be something wrong with my heart or are they also signs of acid reflux? Also feeling like my arms are aching but maybe that's just the anxiety playing tricks also! Hope to get some advice. Thanks :)

nomorepanic
24-11-14, 00:58
You should talk to your doctor who may prescribe a PPI if it is indigestion.

Catherine S
24-11-14, 01:03
Hi lily....you're definitely not alone with the acid reflux/heart connection as it's much more widely known that anything that upsets the digestive system can also affect the heart. I've been a sufferer of ectopic/skipped beats and flutters for most of my adult life but only this year started suffering with acid reflux and this has affected my heart also...the dropped beats and flutters have been more constant than they were. There is evidence that something called the Vagus nerve, which is the longest nerve in the body and runs from the base of the brain down to the groin, if irritated by the stomach can affect the heartbeat. This is why certain things like hot and spicy food can produce a fast beating heart for example, and too much caffeine can produce skipped beats. It all starts with digestion!

I hope this helps a little.

ISB x

venusbluejeans
24-11-14, 01:08
You should talk to your doctor who may prescribe a PPI if it is indigestion.

whats a PPI Nic? the only PPI I know of is from the junk calls I have lol

I take it is an indigestion med but not heard of it, so just curious

nomorepanic
24-11-14, 01:13
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) reduce the amount of acid made by your stomach. They are commonly used to treat acid reflux and ulcers of the stomach and duodenum

venusbluejeans
24-11-14, 01:27
ah cool, ta... I had never heard of them before

nomorepanic
24-11-14, 01:32
That one they put me on called Omeprazole is a PPI Emmz

venusbluejeans
24-11-14, 02:23
oh the ozmathingie, the one that I can never spell when I am talking to you...

Thanks Nic, you learn something everyday :)

s777lna
24-11-14, 10:52
i thought i was on my own with this symptom its horrible always thinking the worst x