PDA

View Full Version : new and in need of help.

kamilla 51
05-01-07, 10:29
Hello everyone I'm Kamilla.

Where to start....

At the moment i'm exhuasted having not slept properly since before Xmas..

I have sufffered from depression and anxiiety since my teenage years.
Although I know what the disorder is I cannot stop my thought patterns.

I have medicated, counselled (currently on a list again but medicine free) my way thruough the illness. Reading books helps drum the real reasons for the illness in and colouring by numbers helps my insomnia.

My partner is very supportive but I cannot expect him to stay up with me all the time and he needs his sleep as he works shifts. It has finally begun to take its toll on him.

I do not really want want to go back to medication - I'm even too scared to do that as I feel that really I'm OK, I can go to work, go out with friends etc.

My worst times are when my mind is left to think and teh latest fear is death. I am conviced my head is going to pop any minute and constantly tell myself - right before sleep that i have five mins left.

I took drugs at uni (weed and one dredded pill that started the panic attacks for than ever before) I know that this has not helped.

I woudl appreciate some advice and a shoulder to lean on. I feel like this is the way I will be for life....

Thank you all

Kamilla

nachx3
05-01-07, 10:42
Your not alone.
I also find my mind goes mad when I am alone.
This site is great and you will get loads of support.

Take care

manmoor
05-01-07, 12:02
Hi Kamilla,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is lovely.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kelly246
05-01-07, 12:13
Hey kamilla i totally understand what your going through i get the same feelings as you and i also fear death im constantly thinking something is going to happen and convince myself of it feel free to e mail me whenever you need to chat

kamilla 51
05-01-07, 12:39
Thanks Kelly how do you keep yourself sane? LOl
got any good techniques? Painting by nos is great but it still means I dont sleep!

kittykat
05-01-07, 14:51
Hi there,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a great help.

take care

shirley xx

kamilla 51
05-01-07, 15:45
Thank you shirley.

Hope you're OK today!

honeybee3939
05-01-07, 17:50
Hi Kimilla

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.
Take a look at the first step pages they may help.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
05-01-07, 19:01
Hi Kamilla

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

bb01234
08-01-07, 01:19
Glad you've been willing to 'come out' and speak about your difficulties. You don't have to be like this 'for life'

Whatever symptoms you have, it's possible to address the underlying causes and from that position generate change.

Believe me, from experience change can happen

The one thing I'd say is that reading about the issues you have is an intellectual way of coping, wheras the actual problem will be tucked away in your unconsious mind ( a bit like a prog that boots automatically when windows starts up ) so by the time you know anythings going on it's up and running. Intellectual answers won't cut it.

Good luck in whatever you do.

regards

Brian

chucklehound
08-01-07, 11:35
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx