PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Nomad1
24-11-14, 20:39
Hi all :) I'm new on here struggling with anxiety/depression at the moment and hoping joining may help Thanks :)

venusbluejeans
24-11-14, 20:46
Hiya Nomad1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Nomad1
24-11-14, 20:47
Thanks for your message and your lovely poem :yesyes:

aprilmoon
24-11-14, 21:27
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

ladyhawke77
25-11-14, 15:42
hello and welcome... if you need to chat im here to listen and help in any way i can

Nomad1
25-11-14, 21:22
Hi all thankyou for your messages I feel better already :) it's nice to feel worth being listened to actually as you worry that others will think you are moaning on about feeling down. So basically for the last year up until 4 months ago I was in what I thought was a happy loving relationship the type I had always wanted we talked about the future etc and told each other we loved each other and were I thought just basically in love then 4 months ago he tells me his feelings have changed he no longer loves me. This then sent me into a really nasty downward spiral of depression and I ended up taking an overdose and being hospitalised. At the same time as this was happening I had been gradually lowering my dose of antidepressant to about 10mg therefore I guess there wasn't enough serotonin in my brain for me to cope. Anyway since then I have had a daily battle on my hands battling and fighting the black dog and feeling anxious about everything desperately not wanting to go back on anti-depressants as really it will be for the rest of my life also having horrible withdrawal from citalopram head shudders and acid indigestion. Spoke with my counsellor yesterday and she is great she basically said surely its better to be alive and taking a pill than dead. Funny when it is put like that how logical that seems. Anyway today I went to the doctors and said I'm ready to go back on the antidepressants SO I'm now on another one similar to Prozac called sertraline so just waiting for the horrible side effects of this one to kick in now as I remember when I tried Prozac feeling just awful. So there we have it that's me :weep: sorry to be so bloody down, grumpy and negative just not in a good place right now

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------