PDA

View Full Version : just having a little blip :(

Annie0904
24-11-14, 20:56
I haven't posted for a while but I have had a terrible weekend. My ibs has really been playing up and I feel really nauseous.
I saw my GP last Friday about my ibs (nothing really he can do) Whilst there he persuaded me to come off my meds (Dosulepin) due to new NICE guidelines. I only take 25 mg a day anyway. He suggested taking one every other day. I didn't take one Friday night or Sunday night. Today I feel yuck! Not sure if it is withdrawal symptoms, ibs worse or maybe even tummy bug :( Just feeling sorry for myself and of course this triggers the anxiety a bit. Trying to stay calm and positive. Not sure for my reason in posting as I know you can't really answer my questions...just needing some hugs and support I guess.

lily1
24-11-14, 21:02
Hugs to you:hugs:

You have been so helpful in answering my posts recently when I have been feeling like wanting to fall asleep and never wake up again. You and a few other posters gave me hope, and the will to carry on so please don't give up! ha haxxx

Annie0904
24-11-14, 21:08
Thank you Lily :) I just hate feeling ill, I am trying to tell myself that it is just a tummy bug or something I have eaten and will be better in a couple of days (I hope so!) :)

taralinn
24-11-14, 21:17
You can get through this, Annie! :hugs:

Annie0904
24-11-14, 21:23
Thank you Taralinn, I have been doing great until the weekend so just feeling sorry for myself and a little weepy tonight but you are right I can and will get through it x

chickpea
24-11-14, 21:46
Poor you. :hugs:
I had a week of horrible tummy stuff a couple of weeks ago, it it stopped almost as suddenly as it started, so I think it might have been a bug or the magnesium I was on. It really gets you down, doesn't it?

Cutting ddown your meds won't be helping.
Don't get hung up on the anxiety side (as in, don't dwell on what it might mean) - be kind to yourself and let it run its course.
Hope you're soon feeling brighter.xxx

Annie0904
24-11-14, 21:54
Thank you Chickpea :) Trying to stay positive! xx

PanchoGoz
24-11-14, 22:05
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::bighug1:

Annie0904
24-11-14, 22:09
Thank you Pancho :)

BikerMatt
24-11-14, 22:21
Your always so lovely to everybody Annie so sending you a :bighug1:

NE21 worrier
24-11-14, 22:26
Kindred spirits, Annie, eh? :hugs:

It could be any of the things you mention but you know from experience you'll be ok (even if it's sometimes hard to believe yourself when you're feeling bad). Whatever it is, it'll pass, though :)

Annie0904
24-11-14, 22:33
Thank you Biker Matt and Peter. Peter I misread what you wrote at first and thought you said "Whatever it is, it'll pass THROUGH" (instead of though) and thought you were referring to my bowels :roflmao:
To everyone who has commented tonight, thank you all so much, you have really cheered me up. I can always rely on my NMP friends to help me :)

NE21 worrier
24-11-14, 22:35
Seriously genuine LOL :roflmao::D:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-14, 07:27
Maybe its a bit of withdrawal and the IBS Annie, give it some time and see what happens. Get plenty of rest, do some things to comfort you or distract you, whichever helps and I'm sure you will be fine.

All the best. :flowers:

Annie0904
25-11-14, 08:08
Thank you Terry I feel worse today, woke up really anxious and weepy. Feeling very nauseous and upset tummy. Trying to convince myself that it isn't the anxiety back and maybe I have a tummy bug. Think I will just have a restful day and see how things are tomorrow.

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-14, 08:43
That sounds like it may be the withdrawal or maybe frustration with this the longer it goes on. I know I sometimes have build ups like this, it breaks and then reduces hence I tend to refer to my anxiety cycles like a mouth ulcer!

If you weren't experiencing the anxiety before you started to withdraw, unless its a medication that causes rebound anxiety, then I would have thought it would take a while for the anxiety to start creeping back?

Annie0904
25-11-14, 08:55
My ibs was getting worse before I reduced the eds, that is what I went to the doctors about so I am thinking it is probably not medication related and maybe more that I am getting anxious about the ibs symptoms which of course will only make it worse :( It is a vicious circle!

blue moon
25-11-14, 12:54
Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well Annie,stay positive and Breath.Take care of You.

Love Petra xx:hugs:

Annie0904
25-11-14, 13:30
Thank you Petra xx

Magic
25-11-14, 16:52
Yes Annie, you are a lovely person. I do hope you feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs:

almamatters
25-11-14, 17:11
Hope you feel better soon Annie, sending you loads of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs: x

Annie0904
25-11-14, 17:22
Thank you Alma and Magic. I am trying to stick to the Fodmap diet in future to see if that stops the ibs. Going to take my medication every night again to see if it helps me to feel better then will try again to reduce it.

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-14, 07:51
Have a look into probiotics as well Annie. I've been researching a load of this myself as I have a load of digestion issues, possibly IBS of some variety, and I've seen a lot of reviews from people using these supplements who say they helped when medication couldn't.

I guess its worth considering the impact of things like antibiotics on healthy bacteria since they are found from the mouth all the way to the other end.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Annie0904
26-11-14, 08:18
I wish I could say I was feeling better today but I have woke up feeling really anxious and shaking, a long time since I have felt this bad :(

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

The blip is getting worse :( I just can't stop crying this morning...going to try to get a doctors appointment.

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-14, 08:42
Hang in there Annie, try to hang onto the fact you have got better before...I know that doesn't always work but if it can, try it.

Try to distract yourself for a bit and if possible get moving as our minds love to ruminate about all the bad stuff if we don't give it something else to think about.

:hugs::bighug1:

I'm having my first real blip in months the last couple of days so believe me, I understand how it can feel like a massive backwards step. I guess we just have to keep pushing through to the other side.

Annie0904
26-11-14, 09:01
You are right Terry..I have a doctors appointment at 10:40. I guess now is not the right time for me to be reducing my medication.
I left a full time job 2 years ago because of my anxiety, I was teaching literacy in a secondary school. I now have a couple of little jobs and clean some friends houses. I should be doing that today and have had to phone to say I can't do it. That make me feel guilty and I know it shouldn't. :(

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

oh I meant to say Thanks for the hugs :)

Annie0904
26-11-14, 14:59
I have been to the doctors, he was still encouraging me to come of the meds but agreed to leave it until after Christmas as it is quite a stressful time.
He has given me some peppermint oil capsules to try for the ibs.

aprilmoon
26-11-14, 21:52
Sorry you're having a blip Annie,I'm having one myself at the moment,sending you best wishes that you feel better soon

SADnomore
27-11-14, 04:44
Annie, I hope I don't sound like a pill pusher, I really am not ...I just have accepted that some of us do need a med, and some of us don't. I am a bit nonplussed with your doctor; I think I understand that with a rules change he isn't supposed to continue prescribing your med, but what I don't understand is why he hasn't offered you an alternative? Good job, making a low dose of the current med work for you, but if withdrawal is giving you anxiety spikes that are unmanageable, and anxiety has been with you for some time before starting it (and not since), then surely a low dose of another "approved med" might help?

Anyway, I concur, you've been a great support to others on here, and you are wished the best, so please ask for more help as that time grows closer, okay? Maybe counseling or CBT, but for him to just leave you high and dry seems irresponsible to me ...

To Terry, and Aprilmoon, feel better soon, whatever that takes (healthfully)! Good luck, hope it won't be much longer. For what it's worth, my son and daughter-in-law have talked me into joining them for juicing (only) for the fortnight left of my stay here. I can't help but think that a good detox is probably a good idea. For my physical and my mental health both. I have agreed to try having a green drink most days, even though it's made with kale and it normally makes my arthritis worse. I hope I can manage it in juice form! If so, I'll invest in a blender like theirs and do it seasonally! Goodbye toxins, and good riddance!

Big hugs to everyone struggling! :bighug1:
Marie xx

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-14, 06:54
Thanks Marie,

I picked up one of those nutriblast things a bit cheaper off Ebay a few months back and they are the best blenders I have ever used. They do a good job and reducing things to liquid but I have found that you can get a lot of bits from skins. Its still drinkable and a lot of the time the skin bits are not 'bitty' anyway. They are supposed to be good as they remove the phytonutrients that out stomaches don't seem to digest. Although I do find it hard to stick to the fruit+veg+seeds/nuts rule as many things don't seem to go and I'm on a limited budget so can't be buying flavourings to rebalance it.

I'm feeling a bit better tonight. I think things build up and get on top of me and then they reach a peak and break...hence calling my anxiety & depression my 'mouth ulcer'. Hopefully tomorrow will see a good improvement but it tends to leave me a bit shaken for a few days and thinking about the sensations too much.

Annie0904
27-11-14, 06:55
Thank you Aprilmoon and Marie. April moon I am sorry you are going through a blip too :(
Marie, because of the difference in types of medication it was thought best that I come of the medication first then take the new one. When I saw him yesterday we decided to wait until spring.
My anxiety has now got worse and I have been awake most of the night even though I am back to my usual dose (only missed 2 alternate nights). I feel nauseous and shaky and crying all the time. Will have to cancel my work for the day which means no money :(

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-14, 06:59
Thats sounds more sensible Annie. Get your IBS under control and then make a start on the other reduction as you will have more strength for it. Hopefully the peppermint will help, a lot of people seem to use it for IBS. I suspect I have IBS, but quite minor, and I bought some peppermint tea as I was having a bad couple of weeks with it and it did seem to help.

Xmas is something I struggle with as it brings a load of other pressures and I find it a very testing time. This year is going to see confronting some things that have got out of hand so I think thats causing me some problems at the moment.

Annie0904
27-11-14, 07:03
Thank you Terry, Christmas is quite a stressful time and I worry about so many things. I bought a present for my friend then worried so much about if she would like it or not! I bought her another one for Christmas that I am sure she will like. I told her about it yesterday and I gave her the first one just as a present saying that she had to be honest about it...anyway she loves it!

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-14, 07:58
Ah, in that case get it back and wrap it up and then you have a spare for someone else :winks::D...I'm kidding, I'm not that tight! :D

It just seems all so silly that this period does this. I'm currently trying to work out when I will have the time to order it all, hardly any shops are open when I am out thesedays so its going to mostly be online this year, and when I'll have time to wrap it with my crazy sleep routines!

I also tend to be wishing it away and then feel quite guilty about it because I used to love Xmas and I feel like I'm wishing away the family times I should be cherishing.

I know I started feeling a bit funny about it all when the Xmas stuff started appearing in the shops (was that about mid July??? :D) but seeing the decorations popping up has really started it off for me.

Annie0904
27-11-14, 08:04
I spread my shopping out through the year and now have it all wrapped up. I don't know if it is the stress of Christmas or the dark nights and colder weather or a combination. I want to be a hedgehog then I can hibernate :)

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-14, 08:12
Strangely, I was thinking about hibernation the other day and where all the hedgehogs had gone!

I'm a classic bloke Annie, Xmas pressies are something we start looking for a lot later. I tend to start towards the end of November but I've done it all in the last week when I was much younger...never again!!!

Annie0904
27-11-14, 08:17

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-14, 08:39
http://davinasobservations.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/hibernation-hedgehog.jpg?w=472

Annie0904
27-11-14, 10:41
:D

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

I have an appointment with my therapist this afternoon but since I feel so bad and keep crying I don't want to drive and have no one else to drive me there. I phoned up and they said they will get him to phone me at my appointment time instead.

dally
27-11-14, 11:32
Hi Annie
Sorry to hear you're still not feeling so good today.
You always give really good advice.
I have many similar problems as you (age, hormones, ibs, PA's)
But I envy and admire how you bounce back and strive forward relentlessly.
Sending you huge hugs xxxx

Annie0904
27-11-14, 11:40
Thank you Dally, I guess I have never been someone who gives up easily but believe me there are times when this anxiety hits that I feel I just can't take any more. Life throws so many challenges and then I see others sailing through with very little adversity. oh well I have bounced back before so can do it again! :hugs::hugs:

Magic
27-11-14, 11:43
Hi, That's me in Annie's picture:blush: Hope everyone who is having a blip is feels better soon xx

Annie0904
27-11-14, 11:48
Thank you Magic...me too, it must be the time of year :)

jonjones
27-11-14, 11:51
Hi Annie,

I started suffering from colitis 6 years ago. I was studying for final exams in university at the time. I suddently had diarrhea, passing blood etc. They then diagnosed me with ulceratve colitis. I was put on steroids, and anti-inflammatories.

I was taking these meds for around 5 years, however in the last year I have felt more relaxed and noticed that I wasnt getting any diarrhea or any cramps etc in my stomach. So I decided to stop taking the meds to see what would happen. To my surprise there was still no diarrhea, pasisng blood or cramps etc.

Maybe I´m in remission, maybe Im cured I dont know. But I do know that coping with my anxiety, and being more laid-back etc has made the difference!

Best,

Jon

Annie0904
27-11-14, 12:30
Yes I am sure that stomach problems are linked to anxiety and stress. Our bowels are the first things to be affected when the anxiety kicks in.

MrAndy
27-11-14, 13:03
chin up Annie,you can overcome this :)

Annie0904
27-11-14, 13:07
Thank you Mr Andy...I can and I will :)

jackie13
27-11-14, 14:24
Hi Annie

Oh bless ya Hun, sorry to hear that you are under the weather at the mo.

Stomach issues and anxiety are linked (so I've read). I also think this time of year is not good for us sensitive souls. We put pressure on ourselves that we probably don't even realise.

Take it easy Hun, you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

Big hugs

Jackie xx

Annie0904
27-11-14, 14:55
Thank you Jackie x
My therapist has just called me and we have had a little chat an he has given me some more encouragement.
I have got my FODMAP recipe book in the post today so will see what I can eat :)

Annie0904
28-11-14, 09:15
Woke up feeling very anxious again. Have got myself out of bed, had a bath in magnesium salts and got myself dressed...will see how the day goes :unsure:

MrAndy
28-11-14, 09:38
lets hope today is positive for you and anxiety free.

Annie0904
28-11-14, 10:12
Trying to carry on as normal, hoping the horrible feeling will go away :(

MrAndy
28-11-14, 10:51
anything you can distract yourself with today

Annie0904
28-11-14, 11:28
I have someone coming for an aromatherapy massage and I am determined not to cancel as I don't want to let her down.

aprilmoon
28-11-14, 12:18
Sending a hug Annie :hugs:

Annie0904
28-11-14, 12:27
Thank you aprilmoon, hugs back for you :hugs: Are you feeling any better today?
I feel all cold inside, like numb :(

Carnation
28-11-14, 17:33
Hi Annie, I am suffering too, I don't think these horrible gloomy grey days with constant rain helps. I think if you can do things that you enjoy at the moment. Think a lot of us are suffering at the moment. Keep focused on the good stuff. :hugs:

aprilmoon
28-11-14, 18:02
Thanks Annie
I went to my therapy session today and broke my heart crying
Think I used all the tissues in the box on her desk
She said I can keep going as I'm entitled to 20 sessions and have only used up 14 so that was a relief in itself.
Its definitely anxiety that's fuelling it all.
Feel a bit better for having a cry,although I surprised myself how upset I got.
We both agreed that I should have a chat with my doc next week and see if the meds need to be reinstated,so that's what I'm going to do.
I hate that cold feeling inside.
Are you feeling any better now? :hugs:

Sunflower2
28-11-14, 18:08
Oh goodness we all really are falling apart at the moment! :hugs: to you all!

aprilmoon
28-11-14, 18:32
I've officially opened the support group for Christmas and New Year.:hugs:

almamatters
28-11-14, 18:36
Hi Annie, Hope you are feeling better. :hugs: xx

Annie0904
28-11-14, 19:05
Thanks all :) I have managed to eat some dinner tonight and feeling a little better :)

MyNameIsTerry
30-11-14, 04:21
Yes I am sure that stomach problems are linked to anxiety and stress. Our bowels are the first things to be affected when the anxiety kicks in.

Well something else to consider is healthy bacteria, not just the gut since we have it from mouth to, well, the other end :blush:

If we can't break down food, it can't pass to our brains. I remember reading about how serotonin may not be making its way into the brain due to poor digestion. I think there is a lot in issues like this because we need what we eat to create various neurotransmitters so I often wonder whether taking SSRI/SNRI's is a way of preserving neurotransmitters when we could improve our digestion instead to make sure we get enough from our diets? Improved digestion brings a wealth of others benefits too and we all know how the body-mind connection is an important part of anxiety disorders.

Annie0904
30-11-14, 09:30
Yes I read an article about that, in fact I think may have made a post about it. I must admit I don't seem to eat as healthy in the winter as I do in the summer. Back to making sure I get my five a day! Will have to find my thread on that! :)

aprilmoon
30-11-14, 10:13
Hi Annie
How are you feeling today?:)

Tessar
30-11-14, 16:18
Hello all. I've no been away so have not been this thread before but am wondering how u all are? There's no doubting this time of year is much more difficult. Remember to keep eating as healthy as possible and to get outside every day. I find it so tempting to stuff my face with all the wrong things but of course that just makes me feel worse in the end.
Something I do know is beneficial.... It really does help to get outside. Even just a short stroll can make all the difference. Pity we can't all hibernate huh?

Annie0904
30-11-14, 16:23
Feeling a bit better today thank you. Maybe having some sun this morning has helped :)

MyNameIsTerry
01-12-14, 02:31
Hello all. I've no been away so have not been this thread before but am wondering how u all are? There's no doubting this time of year is much more difficult. Remember to keep eating as healthy as possible and to get outside every day. I find it so tempting to stuff my face with all the wrong things but of course that just makes me feel worse in the end.
Something I do know is beneficial.... It really does help to get outside. Even just a short stroll can make all the difference. Pity we can't all hibernate huh?

Not bad thanks Tessar, a blip a few days ago but I've come out of the other end so back to the usual issues to work through. How are you?

Yeah, I walk miles everyday at a good pace and it does help. If nothing else, it takes away time from ruminating at home.

I think most people gravitate towards higher levels of carbs in the winter months, let alone us guys so its a fairly general problem. At Xmas, I think most people probably let things slip a bit, which is fine though, you just get back on healthy eating after a few days of being bloated up! :noangel: Considering I may have fairly mild IBS now, I think I will be cutting down a bit though! (it would be nice to not put any further weight on as well! :blush:)

kristaok
01-12-14, 02:36
I'm sorry you're having issues, I too been having cramps, issues going to the bathroom like constipation, and nausea daily. I don't know what it is, but I'd say its related to anxiety, I've had so many tests it ain't even funny. :/

I do pray you get better, hugs.

gregcool
01-12-14, 17:20
annie you are always possitive towards me,try to use some of it on yourself..big hugs:hugs:

Tessar
01-12-14, 20:29
Thats good to hear Annie :-) the sun definitely helps.

I am doing ok thanku terry.....just came back from holiday so am pretty tired but I had a good time & managed some long flights without any fear. Pretty pleased with that. U r right about carbs! Hopefully you'll be able to get the balance right.

Annie0904
01-12-14, 21:56
Thank you so much everyone :) I really appreciate your support. I am feeling much better apart from I have now pulled a muscle in my shoulder :(. I am eating better again though so should soon put that 6lbs back on!

blue moon
02-12-14, 09:45
Pleased to hear you are feeling lot better Annie,I hurt my shoulder on the weekend,I was learning to fish (did not catch anything only bite was a mozzie bite) I feel for you.
I made Persian candy yesterday that will put the kilo's back on:D

Annie0904
02-12-14, 11:58
Oh the Persian candy sounds lovely :) so does your weather...I think we should all pack up and come and stay with you for the winter :)

Tanner40
02-12-14, 12:23
Hope you continue to feel better, Annie. You can do this.

Tanner

Annie0904
02-12-14, 12:26
Thank you Tanner :)

Tessar
02-12-14, 13:01
i feel like eating for england, must be coz its winter, dark evenings and all that; hmmm yummy persian candy. is that like turkish delight? i agree with you, annie, lets all pack up and stay with petra for the winter..... but not go where there are mozzies of course - because you would get bitten and then itch & swell up and we dont want that.

blue moon
03-12-14, 06:06
It is very warm here,you would like it:yesyes:Persian candy is like umm Fairy floss it is much better tho.

Tessar
03-12-14, 19:26
Candy floss......yum. Is it candy floss?

Annie0904
03-12-14, 19:55
Yummy Candy floss :)

aprilmoon
03-12-14, 20:48
How are you feeling today Annie?:)

Annie0904
03-12-14, 21:15
Not too bad tonight. I wasn't so good earlier but remembered that I hadn't changed my patch this morning so that could be why.