PDA

View Full Version : medication mind games?

spacebunnyx
25-11-14, 21:30
I'm on some medication to supress hormones at the moment (for ivf) been on it for almost 3 weeks now. I'vebeen feeling very nervous and jittery (known side effect) but i had something happen a week ago that's playing on my mind. I won't google.. But I want to hear thoughts on this... Does this sound like something I should be worried about?

As i turned off the lights to go to bed i lost all vision in my right eye for a few seconds.. I could see in the half light out of my left eye. Vision in right returned to normal after 5-10 seconds. I mean if it was a stroke or something it wouldn't just happen as I turned the light off would it? It was just weird it was in one eye and not the other... And yes my eye was open!!

I know this is probably nothing and I'm over-worrying..

Thoughts?

Space xxx

Fishmanpa
25-11-14, 21:46
Our eyes adjust differently to darkness depending on the amount of light entering each one.

Positive thoughts

Liziik
25-11-14, 22:02
Yes fishmanpa is right I have also had this I can't remember the scenario but I was blind in one eye for 5-10 seconds it was bizarre but I've been fine ever since :)

spacebunnyx
26-11-14, 16:24
Thank you both. It's really tough at the moment as these hormone meds seem to be warping my mind... Plus they give me headaches and make me feel confused and anxious... Horrible.

I *know* it's nothing but side effects but can't stop the what-ifs!!! Especially when I can't trust my own judgement at the moment, your input is really helpful.

Thank you

Xxx

chickpea
26-11-14, 17:09
You mention that the meds are giving you headaches, which could also mean slight visual disturbances - which would explain what happened.

spacebunnyx
27-11-14, 07:15
Oh gosh guys.

So last night it happened again. My husband and I tested it twice more... And the blindness in one eye happened each time I switched off the light. Didn't sleep well - to put it mildly. I'm going to a meeting and the the doctors... This isn't normal... My husband also thinks one pupil is slightly larger than the other. Am trying not to panic... But I really don't feel well and haven't for several days. Trying to be rational but very very hard right now :-(