PDA

View Full Version : One year on ... Am I doing okay do you think?

stimpy
29-08-04, 04:19
Since being a big scaredy cat roughly a year ago.
When I lived on my sofa and Steve had to post for me as I was to ashamed to post for myself.

Here's where I am roughly One year down the line.

I am still a big scaredy cat!
There are still a lot of things I haven't managed to conquer yet.
But there are a good few things I have had a go at.

I will now post for myself, chat on the internet and use the phone.
I have been to meetings and talked to new people.
The concentration is still a bit dodgy, but I've managed to read a few books, and colour in.

The sofa is for resting only, so I've done the gardening instead.
I can now visit the village and supermarket on my own.
I can use a taxi, but I've been on a bus.

I took bunny to the vets by myself and walked along the busy road and crossed it to get to the chemist. - That was really scary and I need a valium after the doing the busy road thing!

I will now go to bed with just a small night light, although I still listen to my radio. I can now stay in the bath with out supervision for over 45 minutes and I can use the shower with out getting scared too.

I still have some problems I need to work on.

Am I doing alright do you think ?

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

EMMA
29-08-04, 09:35
Hi Liz,

They are all major achievements. You are doing really well. It all takes time so don't worry that you cannot do everything yet. You are definitely on the road to recovery. I was the same as you, scared of everything. I too was scared of having a shower, going to the shops alone etc. Eventually I have been able to do those things without feeling scared. It's like your mind is stuck in a black hole then all of a sudden it starts to escape out of it and you start to feel a whole lot better.

Well done!

Emma xx

seh1980
29-08-04, 13:45
hi Liz,

You have made loads of progress - well done! One year isn't really a long time so it's brilliant that you have achieved so much in such little time! Just think of all the fears you will conquer in the next year!!

Sarah :D

Merlinssister
29-08-04, 14:02
Wow! You've done fantastically well in a year. Good on you. :D

sal
29-08-04, 14:14
Hi Liz

You have overcome so much more in the last year, and havent given in when you felt rough. You have done great and its all postive steps you have taken that will hopefully give you the determination to keep getting better all the time.

Well done and good luck.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 14:20
Hey Liz

Yeah Steve joined in September 2003 - I can't believe it is that long - doesn't time fly.

You are doing so brilliantly and we are all very proud of what you have achieved.

Keep up the good work and you will soon be able to do everything you ever wanted to.

I am so pleased for you
xxxx

Nicola

jo-jo
29-08-04, 17:14
Hiya Liz

Sounds to me like you are doing fantastically well - what a lot of achievments in the last year for you to be really proud of.

You are certainly on the right road and with patience and determination you can achieve anything you want. Congratulations on coming so far -looking forward to hearing your future achievments.

Lots of love and best wishes, Jo xxx

Meg
30-08-04, 00:05
Liz,

You are doing so very well Liz. Well done .

Keep doing what you're doing and especially learning not to jump to conclusions about things... Think through all the options and concentrate on the one that is most realistic, not the one that jumps out as being the most dramatic .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

sarah
31-08-04, 23:35
Hi Liz

Ive just found this post.
I have to say im really proud of how far you have come in this last year.
Just remembering back, I remember when Steve was frantically posting for you and eventually you came on yourself.
You have come on in leaps and bounds and if you have acheved all this in one year, imagine what your posts will be like in 2005???????

take care hon

love Sarah
xx

stimpy
01-09-04, 02:50
I've done much more than I expected.

I've been on holiday, and the other day I managed to take my youngest son to visit steve at work, on my own! :D

So I was really proud of that.

I can only hope that in 2005 I manage even more leaps and bounds.

There are somethings I would like to change and cope better with.
But over all I think I am starting to like myself more.

I'm just pleased everyone thinks I am doing okay.
I ask Steve everyday and I wanted a second opinion. [:P]

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

sal
01-09-04, 09:10
Hi Liz

Going on holiday was a great achievement for you.

I bet Steve is really proud of how well you are doing and it is great that you can see the improvement.

I think even people who dont suffer would like to change certain things but that will come with time.

Keep up the great progress.

Love Sal xxxxx

Laurie28
01-09-04, 11:22
Liz,

I could answer your question even without looking at your achievements!!!

I too remember when Steve posted for you!!

You are doing great keep it up!

Love
Lucky

twister
01-09-04, 14:08
Well Done Liz on all your achievements - I remember clearly the first time you and Steve came on and you are sooooo much better now!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

jill
12-09-04, 21:09
Hi Liz

[Wow!] you have done alot you should be pround of youself.
keep up the good work.

TAKE CARE

Jill :D