PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer fear, picked mole, absolute meltdown

cattia
26-11-14, 11:05
Firstly, please don't give me a lecture on how stupid I have been because I KNOW this was SUCH a dumb thing to do. I have had a mole on my left breast (right under the nipple) that I noticed last week and it looks kind of raised with a crusty bit on the edge that looks a bit like a skin tag. I am 22 weeks pregnant also so my breasts are changing a lot anyway. I saw a doctor this morning (not my usual Dr) who had a good look at it. He said that whilst it didn't obviously look like a melanoma, it was unusual and he didn't know what it was. He wanted to see me in two weeks and see if the crusty bit had come off or if it had changed at all.

Like a COMPLETE IDIOT I then went home and picked the crusty bit off :(
It bled a bit, then I started picking at the actual mole, about half of which came off and it was bleeding a lot. he said if it wasn't better in two weeks he would refer me to the dermatologist.

I am SO MAD at myself for doing this and so worried that I have made it worse. I'm terrified of cancer at the best of times and especially being pregnant. I have tried to make an appointment with my own Dr but he's away until next week. I now have the terrible wait, the fear of cancer and the fear that I have done something dreadful and made it much worse. PLease help!!

Fishmanpa
26-11-14, 12:45
You're worried about skin cancer. In the ridiculously slim something is going on, a few weeks won't make a difference. Let it heal and see then.

Positive thoughts

flatterycat
26-11-14, 12:58
Hi Cattia

Firstly, huge congratulations on your pregnancy. I won't lie, I am very envious:)

Secondly, I know anything I say won't reassure you but remember that HA is likely to appear just when we are ok. It's like our fears stop us from enjoying things too much - just in case!

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If you are really struggling then see another doc. With something so visual, they are bound to be able to sort it out.

Sarah xx

cattia
26-11-14, 13:00
Thank you Fishmanpa, I know there is no real option other than to wait, it's just sending me into anxiety overload because of course I want answers right now! I just hope I haven't caused too much damage. I know even if I went back tomorrow they would tell me that I have to wait until the scabs have healed over before they can really see what's going on.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Hi Cattia

Firstly, huge congratulations on your pregnancy. I won't lie, I am very envious:)

Secondly, I know anything I say won't reassure you but remember that HA is likely to appear just when we are ok. It's like our fears stop us from enjoying things too much - just in case!

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If you are really struggling then see another doc. With something so visual, they are bound to be able to sort it out.

Sarah xx

Thank you Sarah, I think I need to see my own Doctor as at least he understands my anxiety and is careful how he talks to me! He isn't back until next Thursday so I will call then and try to make an appointment. I feel like this pregnancy has been one worry after another, and as it's likely to be my last, I just want to enjoy it! I hope you're well xxx

flatterycat
26-11-14, 15:25
Hi Cattia

It will be fine, you'll see. But it will be nice for you to enjoy being pregnant again. I'm back in HA territory again!!!!

x

cattia
26-11-14, 23:01
Hi Cattia

It will be fine, you'll see. But it will be nice for you to enjoy being pregnant again. I'm back in HA territory again!!!!

x

Sorry to hear that :( It really sucks when you've had a spell of things being better then it rears its ugly head again.