PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very wired and tired

lavender123
26-11-14, 16:06
I have been through two weeks of very high stress and worry about mammogram results also I have had another cold and cough the second in a month, I rang the screening services yesterday, and was told that the mammogram was clear, after nearly given up on myself, I feel completely drained , instead of feeling better which I do as another worry gone, my panic disorder has come back but mostly not believing things, I don't believe I am alright I was convinced there was something wrong with me, and I am totally exhausted, is this because I have been under tremendous strain for a couple of weeks , and it has left me like this. I have no self belief and would like some advice on why I feel like I do has anybody else been through this I won't be happy until I get a letter saying I am alright, when will this end. I speak to my daughter who says to me that she wouldn't worry as I think I must be bonkers.:)

popejoan
26-11-14, 16:25
So sorry you're feeling this way, I'm exactly the same, I convinced myself that there's something terribly wrong wit my body, anxiety can mimic a lot of things, it can cause tiredness. Maybe you can try take some magnesium or Vitamin B, eat healthy, there are very good superfood powders that had loads of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in them, maybe get your blood checked, maybe your iron levels a bit low or a little bit underactive thyroid?

Canbud
26-11-14, 16:36
I have been through two weeks of very high stress and worry about mammogram results also I have had another cold and cough the second in a month, I rang the screening services yesterday, and was told that the mammogram was clear, after nearly given up on myself, I feel completely drained , instead of feeling better which I do as another worry gone, my panic disorder has come back but mostly not believing things, I don't believe I am alright I was convinced there was something wrong with me, and I am totally exhausted, is this because I have been under tremendous strain for a couple of weeks , and it has left me like this. I have no self belief and would like some advice on why I feel like I do has anybody else been through this I won't be happy until I get a letter saying I am alright, when will this end. I speak to my daughter who says to me that she wouldn't worry as I think I must be bonkers.:)

It may take a bit of time for your cortisol levels to go down again. You've been on high alert for awhile. Give your body time to get back to normal, and try to engage in soothing activities.

chickpea
26-11-14, 17:07
So pleased for you that your results are fine!
I'm sure your body and mind will take a while to normalise after so much stress and worry - even when we've been excited about good things, we stay on a "high" for a while afterwards.

The important thing to do is to give yourself time and patience. Don't worry about not feeling the way you think you should. Just keep reminding yourself that you've faced your fears by having the tests and there is nothing physically wrong with you.xxx

lavender123
26-11-14, 17:52
I never really faced my fears, as it nearly sent me mad, and I mean mad, I put myself under this terrible anxiety knowing full well that I would under high anxiety for weeks, maybe because I have been on high alert for weeks that is why I am so drained now and tearful, my daughter said to me put it all behind you and move on if only!!! :). Thanks for all you support, for people that really know how I feel!!

chickpea
26-11-14, 18:47
I never really faced my fears, as it nearly sent me mad, and I mean mad, I put myself under this terrible anxiety knowing full well that I would under high anxiety for weeks, maybe because I have been on high alert for weeks that is why I am so drained now and tearful, my daughter said to me put it all behind you and move on if only!!! :). Thanks for all you support, for people that really know how I feel!!

You did!
You could have cancelled the mammogram, but you didn't - THAT is facing your fears!
Facing your fears doesn't mean feeling comfortable or relaxed about what you're doing - it means doing it in spite of your anxiety and extreme fear.
You felt horrendous but you did it anyway - that's real success!!

lavender123
26-11-14, 20:02
Thankyou for that chickpea, but the thing is if I had been called back or something, I would have been carted away somewhere!!! I think more added anxiety on top of the way I was would have finished me off. Really! But I suppose I did not cancel. Thanks :)