PDA

View Full Version : Bottomless pit of panic. HELP!

Kakaioh
26-11-14, 21:56
Hey.

Monday I wrote a post about my fear of ALS and how it was ruining my life.
Yesterday I wrote a post about how my left thumb is weaker tan the right one, even tho I'm left handed.
Today, I'm panicking again.
Well the thing is this, I got essential tremors, went to my GP, he said physiotherapi, started feeling my arm was tired, I got so anxious, then the twitches came, I freaked out horribly, went to neuro, got full blood work and full 4 limbs EMG and NCT (neuro conduction test), all returned normal.
Went to the neuro again to show him the results, he said I'm fine.
He prescribed me pills for the anxiety. I have not bought them.
After the neuro appointment I felt relieved but again. My left arm still feels not necessarily weak, but it feels tired, like it feels tired from doing normal everyday things. And it terrifies me. You have no idea how scared I am.
My arm, feels tired almost all the time from doing almost nothing at all.
Is this normal? Does this sound like anxiety to you?
I just can't believe anxiety is doing this, I mean, I get that the twitches and the tremors can come from anxiety. But this localized tiredness on my arm just doesn't seem to add to that answer. Plus I've searched for ages in this fórum, everyone who is or was scared of MS or ALS get my same sort of symptoms, but none of them have the localized muscle tiredness I'm getting. I just don't get it. Please, PLEASE somebody help me. I can't talk to anyone else. I don't know what to do.

skippy66
26-11-14, 22:54
I do have an idea how scared you are. You're clearly fine, but reassurance is not what you need. You need to do stuff in your life that will take your attention away from your symptoms. If you are suddenly faced with a crisis, like a terrorist attack or something, you would completely forget your symptoms. Obviously not something that extreme is what is needed here but you get the point.