PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats - symptom or not?! Going crazy

Edmonton28
26-11-14, 22:00
Well after months of steadily diminishing my health anxiety to the point where it looked like getting rid of it entirely was a real possibility, getting sick has it right back up to 11!

The first trigger for it was some abdominal pains I had about 6 weeks ago. I went in to see the doctor after several days of it thinking maybe appendicitis however that was dismissed and they didn't have an answer. Two weeks later, when it was still bothering me I went in again - still no info, just told to monitor it again. About 3 weeks into the abdominal pain, I started getting localized night sweats every night. Just around the groin area, top and bottom.

Now I've had night sweats when I first started taking Cipralex about 10 months ago, but that seemed to be localized to my legs strangely enough and lasted 3-4 weeks then hasn't really bothered me since. This time however, it has moved up and is persisting. So it's been 3 weeks with these weird groin night sweats, and they had only been waking me up once a night on average, mild sweating and i could move to another part of the bed and finish my sleep.

Since Saturday, I seem to have come down with the flu or a bad cold, and in addition to those fun symptoms (chills, headache, coughing up phlegm, mild fever) I have been getting insane night sweats. Like the last three nights, every single time I fall asleep, I get soaked in sweat. It still seems to be originating around the groin, but there is a lot more of it. And now, I will dry myself off, go back to sleep and immediately be soaked again.

This has me panicked that I've got something more than a mild respiratory infection of some sort and in fact have Endocarditis (something I used to be worried about all the time after a coworker died suddenly from it), pneumonia, etc. And with the constant coughing, now just coughing will give me a bad headache and that brings aneurism right to the front of my thoughts! The icing on the cake is today I've been having stomach cramping and thinking that it must be an AAA :ohmy:

Does anyone else find getting ill sets them into a downhill spiral with their HA? And how do you sort out the true symptoms from ones that are possibly caused by anxiety? Or in my case, how can I be sure that the night sweats aren't as bad as they are largely due to the Cipralex and not because of something sinister?

wins829
27-11-14, 00:07
I have all your symptoms. Left side stomach feel pain. Like burning feeling.the pass two weeks i start have night sweat. which i never had before.

Edmonton28
27-11-14, 03:27
Well if you figure anything out, please post it here and I will do the same! I need to get over this flu to investigate that further though.

SteveReutov
07-03-23, 19:10
updates/

NoraB
08-03-23, 07:59
updates/

I've seen you do this on several threads now.

The OP was last seen on here in 2014, so you're unlikely to get an update.

A lot of people have health anxiety on here, and all you're doing is putting these old posts into their eyeline where they will come to the obvious HA conclusion... 'If they didn't update, it must be really, really bad'. In reality, a lot of people post like this, but they don't bother to update when their worst fears are not confirmed...

Mocadona
09-03-23, 10:40
I've seen you do this on several threads now.

The OP was last seen on here in 2014, so you're unlikely to get an update.

A lot of people have health anxiety on here, and all you're doing is putting these old posts into their eyeline where they will come to the obvious HA conclusion... 'If they didn't update, it must be really, really bad'. In reality, a lot of people post like this, but they don't bother to update when their worst fears are not confirmed...

That's 100% the reason people don't respond! In the past I've had the thought you described as well (we're very predictable!) where I go silence must mean really bad news, but it happens so often it just can't be. People post here looking for quick reassurance but when they get it properly from a test or doctor it's job done, see you later! Maybe coupled with a bit of embarrassment that you could have been so irrational. It's happened me so often, once I get reassurance I almost laugh at myself for thinking in the way I did, but a short time later I could be back at it with something even more unlikely. It's a trap I fell into so many times but I'm wise to it now... when you feel good keep up the work because you never know when it could strike.