PDA

View Full Version : Is this general anxiety?

Dissolved girl
27-11-14, 13:29
Hi Guys

Bit of history - had full on anxiety happen around 6 years a go. Doctor put me on Fluoextine 20MG
Felt better but anxiety came back last March (2014) - doctor said the medication had petered out and was no longer having an effect.
Switched me to Sertraline 100MG
Was OK for so many months but last few months i have started feeling anxious again. I was worrying about a lump i thought was in my throat - doc's checked and there is nothing there.
I had recently switched contraceptives - went onto Micronor and i assumed that was the reason for the sudden spike in anxiety.
Anyway, around a week a go i switched onto another contraceptive (a generic version of the one i was on before) but so far things haven't changed.

I am confused. I am not sure whether this is just general anxiety. It comes across me in waves daily. If I'm feeling down it is worse (obviously) but i am not used to this feeling. The Prozac blocked it completely and i was pretty much anxiety free for 5 years.
I am not sure what's happened but it builds up daily and then goes away.
I am managing to control it. I just remind myself the things I'm getting anxious over are nothing to be worried about but obviously sometimes it takes over.

I am just wondering now whether this is 'it'. Maybe this will be a part of my daily life now? Maybe i will have to learn to cope everyday. It's just a scary thought. It does get me down. I feel like i cannot be myself or be happy because my anxiety will just appear and bite me in the ass.
People wonder why sometimes I'm so quiet - it's because I'm trying to keep it together.

Anyone have any ideas what this spike in anxiety is? Maybe i just have generalised anxiety, maybe i should be on a higher dose (although i don't want to do this because inevitably there is only so much of a dose you can go up to and then what?) - i really don't know. If only there were answers : (

I guess i will just live with this until i can't any more.
But i am terrified of it coming back so strong that i feel like i can't control it and get suicidal and depressed again

If any one has any ideas please let me know

DG XX

Oosh
28-11-14, 07:19
I was on Prozac for four years until it pooped too. But my doctor had always told me to come off it at the end of each course,even if just for a couple of months, so I didn't get used to it and so could still use it. So if you felt Prozac did a job for you why not just have a holiday from it and then go back on it. And next time have a couple of months break after each course.

It's not pleasant when you stop it after so long. I was uncomfortable for quite a while. My doctor tried me on cipralex which was the opposite to Prozac. I felt lethargic all day and had low mood and sexual side effects. I discontinued it and stopped meds for good after that.

I used to exercise, a clean balanced diet and better nutrition and eventually anxiety levels have lowered. Enjoy other people and keep your mind on things you enjoy and off anxieties. I listen to a lot of podcasts.

Try fish oil too. Studies have shown it reduces anxiety.
I take 2g of EPA per day.