PDA

View Full Version : Hi, hello and intro :-)

RosieLee
27-11-14, 14:30
Hi all! Thought I'd make a brief intro post to say hello.

I'm 35 and have been living in London for 15 years now. I've been 'treated' for MH issues for the last 20 years, to varying degrees of success... After a lot of difficulty at school and with friends i was finally diagnosed with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADD at 25. Ten years later I've finally had my first psych assessment and have a diagnosis of avoidant/borderline personality disorders with generalized anxiety and depression! As a result, a few months ago I had a change in meds from Citalopram to Sertraline (200mg) and I feel better than i have in a long time. I'm also waiting for my first appointment for group psychotherapy through my local community mental health team and looking forward to starting the new year on a positive note! :)

venusbluejeans
27-11-14, 14:36
Hiya RosieLee and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Catherine S
27-11-14, 16:48
Hi RosieLee....10 years later? Good grief, but great that you're finally starting to get sorted out and that you're in a better place mentally.

Nice to meet you :flowers:
ISB x

RosieLee
30-11-14, 17:43
Thanks for your replies (been away for the weekend at family and just got back to civilisation - i.e. internet connection ;-) )

Am looking forward to investigating the site a lot more now I have a decent size screen to view it on :D

kristaok
30-11-14, 20:52
Hello RosieLee, I was diagnosed with many things myself.. Id say the worst is the anxiety "panic attacks" and pseudo seizures. I have to take xanax as needed, I used to take risperdal as well. I may need to get back on it though.

KK77
30-11-14, 23:14
Hi and welcome to NMP.

Good luck with treatment and remain positive.