PDA

View Full Version : Scary night sweats :(

GirlAfraid23
27-11-14, 18:30
Pretty much every night now. I'm really afraid it's something bad. My doctors won't give me a blood test.
I wake up with sweat on my chest, round the back of my neck and sometimes behind my knees :(
It normally happens around 30 mins to an hour after I first fall asleep. The rest of the night I'm fine.

zippy
27-11-14, 18:33
I have been getting this the last couple of nights. I woke up drenched from head to toe. It doesn't help that my gp took bloods yesterday and said my liver felt slightly enlarged so panicking.

Annie0904
27-11-14, 18:42
This is your 5th post on this subject...take notice of the advise you have been given. You have spoken to your doctor and he won't give you a blood test because he knows it is nothing serious. Many people get night sweats through the night.

GirlAfraid23
27-11-14, 18:43
This is your 5th post on this subject...take notice of the advise you have been given. You have spoken to your doctor and he won't give you a blood test because he knows it is nothing serious. Many people get night sweats through the night.

I know it's my 5th post but it's not going away :( surely if it was anxiety I woildnt be getting it every single night.

Annie0904
27-11-14, 18:54
You have seen your doctor though and he wasn't worried about it. If he thought there was something wrong he would have done more tests.

GirlAfraid23
27-11-14, 18:55
You have seen your doctor though and he wasn't worried about it. If he thought there was something wrong he would have done more tests.

How can they tell there is nothing wrong with me without doing a test though?

Annie0904
27-11-14, 18:55
Are you on any medication as some medications cause night sweats?

Canbud
27-11-14, 18:59
You've gone from persistent concerns about your heart, to this. Your doctors have examined you and tell you that you are not ill. You are hyperfocusing on benign, inconsequential things that everybody experiences. Hormones fluctuate at night, especially for women. It's normal.

Can you not see that you are doing this to yourself? Please get the help you need so that you can live a happy life. :)

GirlAfraid23
27-11-14, 21:50
Are you on any medication as some medications cause night sweats?

No medication.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Now I'm getting a sensation of being hot and flushed but just took my temperature and its low...

Sunflower2
27-11-14, 21:59
Are you still aware of your blood pressure and your heart rate? Notice how you don't worry about them now you've got this new thing...

Nampop
27-11-14, 23:38
I got the sweats at night and racing heart,doc told me it was anxiety and got beta blockers that help as for two weeks I had worked myself up and was scared to go to bed,ask if you can have some just to break the cycle ,just think that it's just anxiety messing up your body,it can't hurt you but I know how you feel x