PDA

View Full Version : extreme ups and downs

Lyrica
27-11-14, 20:40
For the past two days I've been so up and down. Usually I'm always down. I keep going from feeling so down that I have suicidal thoughts (I would never act on them) to thinking the world is amazing and it had everthing to offer. I was in bits this morning, but by this afternoon I was literally singing and dancing.
My friend noticed this and said she's worried about me. Are there's extreme ups and downs a sign that I'm beating this depression? The highs are amazing but they don't last long they burn out quickly and then I'm laying down not able to move thinking I want to die. I'm glad this is happening because at least I keep getting these short releases from my grim mood. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this because it's never happened to me before

Sunflower2
27-11-14, 21:43
I get this a lot.. To begin with it really scared me and I thought there was something seriously wrong with my mood. But I think when you get so deep in depression, feeling happy just feels strange and overwhelming. When my mood is more stable it's not as noticeable but when I have some depression this is a very common thing for me. The advice I've been given for this is that remind yourself that the hopeless mood will pass, it has passed before and will again. And try to see what it is that makes your mood brighter, monitor it from 1-10 and what you were doing at the time. It helped me when I was all over the place and managed to level it out a bit for a while! I should be doing this again because it's come back again!

Lyrica
28-11-14, 19:37
I've started writing down my thoughts and feelings. My ups and downs. When they happen, what I'm doing. Hopefully this well help me to understand what's triggering the good and bad moods. Thank you for the reply X

Sunflower2
28-11-14, 20:07
Glad I could help :)