PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

heths
05-01-07, 19:07
My anxiety is really bad again lately. One of my fears has triggered it off and I can't seem to shake it.

I've also been told yesterday by my occupational therapist that we need to prepare for the end of my therapy. This could be months away, but it's made me feel alone and worried for the future. This is adding to my anxiety. There's still so much I have difficulty doing.

I'm hardly eating, which i'm trying not to worry about cos I know that'll make it worse. But it's so hard not to. I feel weak and it's all getting me down.

I just wondered if anyone could give me any advice or words of reassurance.

Heather x

belle
05-01-07, 19:15
Heather...
Firstly not eating only makes you feel worse. Yesterday i was starving and i became terribly anxious and as soon as i ate - i felt A LOT better.
You do realise now, you definitely WILL NOT be poorly? I wish i could make you understand that you'll be fine.
Try not to worry about the therapist yet, like you said, it could be months. You could spend the next 3, 6, 9 months panicking, you'll be exhausted!
Try and eat a little...
Sarah x

Insomniac
06-01-07, 00:21
Hi there. Preparing for it is not a bad thing. Probably hard to see now, but I'm sure your therapist will do the best and you will be ready and able when the time comes. As you say it could be months yet before that happens.

My best advice for fear of the big picture is tiny steps. I think about a day at a time, or an hour at a time depending how anxious I feel. Taking things in small steps instead of panicking about all the things at once makes things easier. And I have found that it works because this way I get things done. Hope this helps.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

heths
06-01-07, 17:37
Thank you both for yor replies.

Sarah I know what you mean, I'm more anxious too when I haven't eaten.

Lisa, I'll try taking it a step at a time. Thanks for that.

Heather x