PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal sleeping made me miss an appointment

Elad
28-11-14, 03:45
So I fell asleep at 3pm on Tuesday and didn't wake up until 4:30pm on Wednesday to the sound of my phone going off, at first I thought maybe it was early morning Wednesday because it was dark and wondered who would be phoning me so early in the morning, but then I checked the time and saw it was an unknown number which means it must have been the mental health team and realised I'd missed my initial appointment with the psychologist.

Ever since then, and probably because my sleep is really out of sync and I'm sleeping unusually long hours, my perception of time is really odd, I guess the easiest way to explain it is that when 5 minutes passes for me, 30 minutes has actually passed in reality.

Today I managed to burn food twice until my mom came home and cooked for me, I asked why she was back so early because she's usually gone until 6PM and it's only 4PM and she said actually It's 6:20PM, I checked my phone and it was indeed 6:20PM.

What's wrong with me?

MyNameIsTerry
28-11-14, 07:21
Anxiety & depression affect our cognitive functions so we can feel out of synch or struggle with mental challenges. I know with my sleep routine badly out of synch that I have challenges over what to do & when and struggling to find time when there is actually loads of it. Its a strange feeling.

Do you find you are so tired all the time? Maybe its fatigue?