PDA

View Full Version : Leg worry still

RyanM1994
28-11-14, 07:51
Morning
I left work early yesterday to to my doctors about my leg pain and he joked that it could be a blood clot. He felt around the area asked me a few questions and said he wasn't concerned. The problem is I'm still anxious about it. When the pain comes on I get that overwhelming feeling of anxiety.

Should I trust him?

The reason I'm so worried about it is that at the beginning of the year my friends girlfriend had leg pain, Didn't go to the docs and she ended up having a massive stroke. She's no longer with us unfortunately.

Just scared they are going to miss something.

The symptoms:
Intermittent leg pain in the calf (like a deep pain)
Intermittent pain behind the knee, at the side of the calf and into the side of my thigh.
Does not hurt specifically when I walk and walking does not make it worse.
If I push my foot towards my head while it's straight I can recreate the calf pain, but it feels almost muscular

Annie0904
28-11-14, 08:21
I think you have just answered the question yourself...it is muscular pain.

popejoan
28-11-14, 16:40
Hello, I'm so sorry about your friend's girlfriend. I had a brief blood clot fear a little while ago as I'm on contraceptive pills for 10 years. Long story short I had an ultrasound on my leg and had a chance to ask ultrasound doctor about blood clots.
Generally there is bruising, change of color on the leg and one leg can be significantly more swollen than the other. Check your ankles.
If you want to lower your risks I recommend foods that can increase blood flow. You can eat avocados for example, Vitamin E has that effect on body.