PDA

View Full Version : Just had the worst panic attack ever

MULDEEEEER
28-11-14, 18:39
Hello just wanted to share this with someone. I had an relationship related issue today that at first made me feel very anxious. After awhile my heart started pounding like hell my heart rate at rest was 134-145 and blood pressure was about 190/110 for like 30 minutes, I really thought I was going to die right there. I took 10 mg of diazepam and it did calm me down a bit after 30-45 minutes and then i fell to sleep. Now I woke up and I am feeling very anxious again and afraid if It would happen again. Would it be safe to take anymore of diapam today? normally just 5 mg has done its job for the rest of the day.. :(

I started medication for panic disorder 2 weeks from now (10 mg citalopram in morning, should raise to 20 mg tomorrow..) I've had many panic attacks for a year now, never this bad though. So I dont know, just wanted to share this with anyone because Im feeling so bad right now.

venusbluejeans
28-11-14, 19:54
I hope you are feeling better now Panic attacks can be awful.....what did your doctor prescribe? it should say on the box what the dose your dr recommended

MULDEEEEER
28-11-14, 20:47
^Its prescribed 2x5mg diazepam when needed, so I took my daily dose straight away. I think I manage the rest of the night without taking more. Thanks!

MrAndy
28-11-14, 20:58
Once the cit start up effects calm down your anxiety will fade away and you should become panic free

venusbluejeans
28-11-14, 21:02
I had diazapam to cope with the side effects of the citaopram but they didn't suit me.

Sounds like a good plan to not take anymore tonight, but if you think you may need to take more in the future then give your GP a ring and ask them.... but I guess it would be ok (but best to check)

aprilmoon
28-11-14, 21:03
Hope your feeling a bit better now Muldeeefer :)

MULDEEEEER
28-11-14, 21:16
Thank you very much for your support! and yeah 2 weeks on this med and the starting side effects are real thing, hope they will fade away.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

And I cant get it in my head that anxiety can cause so terrifying physical symptoms. Im always afraid that my heart cant take it. It has been checked properly though, still very hard to understand that its only anxiety.

aprilmoon
28-11-14, 21:21
Its amazing isn't it?
You can only appreciate what its like when you've been through it.

MULDEEEEER
28-11-14, 21:30
^Yeah, I remember the time before it happened to me first time that anxiety and panic disorder isnt so big a deal what people say it is. Well.. now I know.