PDA

View Full Version : New member - hello!

ald91
28-11-14, 23:21
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A very warm hello to all of you. About 5 minutes ago, I google-searched "when do I start to worry about my heart," and a thread from this site was the second search result. I read it, completely related, and the pain in my chest calmed down a little more after reading the replies. So I decided to join this forum to receive more help and to offer it in return to all of you.

I have had severe depression and anxiety for probably my entire life, but the symptoms didn't really flare up until I first hit puberty. The past decade has been filled with immense pain, worry, and loneliness. The depression was bad in my teenage years; as an adult, the anxiety has taken a better, deeper grip on me. I am so overwhelmed with the effects of my anxiety that my rationality seems to be hanging on by a thread, happiness is always out of reach, and I'm always feeling so, so sick.

I am most interested in learning how to cope on my own. I am striving to get better without the help of medication. In return, I want to help all of you with your concerns, worries, and pains with whatever knowledge and experience I have gathered throughout the past years. Together we can help each other grow stronger and fight back!

venusbluejeans
28-11-14, 23:26
Hiya ald91 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lily1
28-11-14, 23:33
Welcome to the forum!

It has helped me in the past and I'm sure it will help you :)