PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only -AGGHH

miss diagnosis
05-01-07, 20:16
Oh my god i just had to do a pregnancy test
I was SHAKING in the chemist. Anyways it was negative which I suspected all along
Does anyone elses period take ages to comeon fully?
I mean ive been getting blood on tissue and that browny dishcarge but no period thats why i did the test. does this happen anyone else
I know its coming it just wont come out?

nomorepanic
05-01-07, 20:22
My periods stopped last year for 4 months and I did a pregnancy test twice as well LOL.

Anyway I went to the docs and he said it was quite normal.

They stared again and all back to normal.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Lola
05-01-07, 20:25
Hello!

This happens to me almost every month! I get brown spotting for days before my period actually comes. Some doctors say it is perfectly normal... Others say it might mean a slight shortage of progesterone, which is also not a big deal. I tend to believe that it is quite normal as I have had it for years and nothing bad has happened (touch wood!) :)

I would keep an eye on it and see how it goes...

Lola

Rennie1989
05-01-07, 21:31
When I was about 13 or 14 my period was a month late and I thought I was pregnant even though I didn't have sexual intercourse.

I still laugh at it now ^_^

My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe.

pinkpenny1uk
05-01-07, 21:58
hiya,
funnily enough this happened to me 2 months ago. i missed my period completly and did a few pregnancy tests. mine too came up negative. my gp told me it was quiet normal to miss a period.
lo and behold last month my period was spot on time.
oh the tricks our bodies play on us!!

all the best
penny x

jodie
05-01-07, 22:01
hi

this happens to me every month i have got used to it now .
i think it is very common .

love jodie xx

kimmiepie
05-01-07, 22:51
Hi.

The reason why you "miss" periods or are "late" is because you're either having anovulatory cycle, which is a cycle where ovulation doesn't occur. An anovulatory cycle may happen to you at any time due to a variety of factors: stress, exercise, weight changes, travel, illness, recent birth control use, etc. You will usually have spotting instead of a period, and if you do get a "period" it may be different and you many have another one sooner than usual afterwards because it is the real period and the one you had before was anovulatory. I hope this makes some sense. You can tell if this is what's happening by charting your cycles. It sure would save you a lot of money on pregnancy tests and worry as well to know exactly what was going on each day with your cycle.

The other thing it could be is that you may not ovulate at the "normal" time. Some women ovulate on day 7, some on day 40...it just depends on them and also it can vary from cycle to cycle depending on external as well as internal events. So what is spotting could be ovulatory spotting. If you are frequently "late" it means nothing more than not having ovulated at your "normal" time.

I hope this has helped. www.tcoyf.com has more on cycles and charting.

Sorry, I forgot to add that those of you who are "missing" periods aren't. It just means that your body isn't ovulating and you won't get another one until it does.

miss diagnosis
07-01-07, 11:32
thanks for that kim but im on BCP so I usually get my full on flow bang on thursday or at the very latest friday morning.
I ended up getting it half an hour after i did the test!!
id been taking my pill in the evning instead of the morning so that explains the 12 hour delay!!

jo61
07-01-07, 11:46
Whenever I have a bad episode of deprssion/anxiety my periods go awry. I thought I was starting the menopause this year but blood test confirmed I'm not. I'm also on the pill but the stress throws it out.

Love Jo xx

kimmy
07-01-07, 17:41
stress is a common factor in issues with periods!!!! It is extreamly common! also periods dont necisarilly be the same each month, some can be heavy and sometimes it can be rediculous. also another thing to consider is your body size, small women can have very irregular periods, especially if you are slim!! I hope this helps xxxxxxxxxxx

lucy21
15-01-07, 17:24
Hi, I'm not sure when u posted this msg, so sorry if this a really late reply. I'm actually in the same position as u, my last period was fine and i'm never late, my periods r always heavy but with no pains. I was due to come on, on the 10th of jan i didnt and now i'm five days late, all i've had is brown spotting (thats happened on two days) and this morning i had a light pink bit of spotting and this doesnt even last 5 mins. I also have cramps and my boobs r really sore. I'm not sure if i'm pregnant or if my period is misleading me!!

[quote]My periods stopped last year for 4 months and I did a pregnancy test twice as well LOL.

Anyway I went to the docs and he said it was quite normal.

They stared again and all back to normal.

Nicola

lucy21
15-01-07, 17:25
Hi, I'm not sure when u posted this msg, so sorry if this a really late reply. I'm actually in the same position as u, my last period was fine and i'm never late, my periods r always heavy but with no pains. I was due to come on, on the 10th of jan i didnt and now i'm five days late, all i've had is brown spotting (thats happened on two days) and this morning i had a light pink bit of spotting and this doesnt even last 5 mins. I also have cramps and my boobs r really sore. I'm not sure if i'm pregnant or if my period is misleading me!!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Oh my god i just had to do a pregnancy test
I was SHAKING in the chemist. Anyways it was negative which I suspected all along
Does anyone elses period take ages to comeon fully?
I mean ive been getting blood on tissue and that browny dishcarge but no period thats why i did the test. does this happen anyone else
I know its coming it just wont come out?

<div align="right">Originally posted by miss diagnosis - 05 January 2007 : 20:16:45</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">