PDA

View Full Version : convinced I have Ms! Dr says it's just panic attacks please help can't cope with the

jenjen2309
29-11-14, 23:16
Hi I'm new to this. I first had an issue with health anxiety when I was 11 watching the AIDS adverts I scared myself so badly I ended up seeing a child psychiatrist I made myself sick with worry.
I'm a senior nurse in a hospital setting and have convinced myself I have Ms.
I stood up from chair the other day and went dizzy and felt nauseous so I told myself this could be balance issue associated With.
I went to bed with a bad migraine and crashed our after taking pain killers my arm must have been trapped under me as I was in deep sleep as when I woke it was numb like a dead hand I freaked out and thought I'd haha stroke or MS symptoms.I went to A and E and they said trapped nerve and did neuro exam all fine Dr said "nothing wrong in the brain" next day hospital again massive panic attack and another one next day and day after etc now on valium and can't eat or sleep through fear of MS.my arm still pins and needles and other one feels pin an ex. Needles too. I can't function anymore spent day in bed.My husband and son need me what can I do

amadragonfly
30-11-14, 03:06
Sorry you are having a rough time. Easier said than done, but maybe try to believe what the doctors say? I have woken up with the side of my face and ear numb, so I know that panic. It did quickly resolve. I'm sure it's a trapped nerve and should improve for you.

Canbud
30-11-14, 03:50
My cousin has had MS (recurring intermittent) for about 10 years. She's in her early 50's and has a full and active life.

I'm not suggesting you have MS, mind you, just pointing out that it's not a death sentence. You probably have a minor ailment that your fears has exacerbated into this panic.

Try to relax, take your meds, and let your mind be at peace. Your symptoms may take care of themselves.

jenjen2309
30-11-14, 10:09
Thank you for you messages.I'm sorry canbud I was no way suggesting that someone with MS had no quality of life I was just looking for people who may have this fear also and to somehow rationale my thinking. Wasn't intended to put as none down. Very pleased to here your cousin lives a good life very nice to know this

Canbud
30-11-14, 14:33
Thank you for you messages.I'm sorry canbud I was no way suggesting that someone with MS had no quality of life I was just looking for people who may have this fear also and to somehow rationale my thinking. Wasn't intended to put as none down. Very pleased to here your cousin lives a good life very nice to know this

I didn't take it that way at all--just wanted to offer a different view is all. I know some with MS are quite ill, but others do quite well.

Kind of irrelevant anyway, since we know you don't have MS. :)

grantb5
30-11-14, 15:40
that aids advert in the 80's is when my H.A started,not just for me,loads of people,u dont have m.s. relax u rationalised your ailments. good luck youll be fine, ive been through the same crap. it will pass