PDA

View Full Version : Dead right arm - MS?

bally123
30-11-14, 08:34
I used to suffer with health anxiety but had really worked through it over the last couple of years and was doing great. Anyway I've just had my 3rd child (6months ago) and I am going through a very stressful time with work/study so I am under pressure.

For the last two weeks I keep getting this kind of fatigued feeling down my right arm? It's not numb just heavy. It feels like a dead arm only I can actually function with it and wouldn't drop anything. Can lift baby etc. I've also got tingling in my face (which was a symptom I always had when I suffered with anxiety before)

I'm very low on cash so could do with not going to doc but will of course f needed.

Has anyone ever felt like this before?

jenjen2309
30-11-14, 10:34
This is what I'm going through now. I nursed a lady with MS and ever since I have convinced myself I have symptoms. I went to bed with a crashing head ache took some pain killers and when I woke up my arm was dead completely numb for about ten seconds it didn't feel like my arm has still got tingling sensation and consultant said it probably trapped nerve and could take weeks to feel normal. The problem is I Google " numb arm" and it comes up with MS but if you Google slept funny on arm it makes more sense!!!

hanshan
30-11-14, 12:35
Hi Bally,

Occasional feelings of tingling and heaviness are normal - more but more so if you are anxious or under pressure eg headaches are usually "normal" but caused by stress.

Jenjen - numb arms and legs often occur from pressure while you sleep. A better mattress may help. I had this problem and found losing weight was also beneficial. It's also possible to train yourself to lie asleep in ways that don't cause the problem. Regardless, although it is distressing to wake up with a completely lifeless and numb arm, it quickly comes back to life, albeit with some exquisite pins and needles.