PDA

View Full Version : New- Looking For Help With Anxiety In New Situations

rubyredshoes
30-11-14, 12:54
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I suffer from anxiety going in to new situations or going into places where I feel trapped as when I am anxious I get diarrhoea . I don't know whether the anxiety about the new situation leads to diarrhea or being anxious about not being near a toilet makes me anxious. Its a vicious circle.

I haven't sought help for this problem. I don't really like medications and don't have much faith in doctors. This year I went abroad to visit a relative for the first time and going anywhere that was more than 30 mins away was a nightmare for me as I didn't know where the toilets were. One day I got a really bad attack and we had to stop and find a toilet about 4 times on an hour journey which was humiliating and I pretended I had food poisoning. I've been to quite a few weddings recently and as soon as the church doors shut, my stomach starts churning. I want to go back and visit my relative in 2016 and am desperate to sort this problem out before then. Immodium doesn't seem to work for me. If anyone else suffers from this I'd love to hear from you. My husband is very understanding but I feel so alone.

Thanks x

venusbluejeans
30-11-14, 12:59
Hiya rubyredshoes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

rubyredshoes
30-11-14, 13:06
Thank you. I will :)