PDA

View Full Version : Trying my best...

StaceyJay
30-11-14, 15:13
Hi there i dont want to say too much and i apologise if i babble on. But basically i need some support myself. My partner suffers with GAD, anxiety and panic attacks. Ive known my partner a long time but have only been together a year. Hes suffered with these problems for many years but seemed to get a lot better. He started a job he really enjoyed and things seemed to be going really well. But this last 9 months things are becoming unbareable. Hes frightened all the time, hes currently on sick leave from work so less money which means more stress for us. Hes having panic attacks every day hes been to the doctors and they have told him to up his dosage of meds but like ive said he panics taking any tablet so its a struggle to get him to do that. I try my hardest to be there and to help with what ever he needs. But im no professional i dont have any answers. Ive felt so down and drained myself plus im 6 months pregnant and i feel like i get nothing in return for all i do. I understand this isnt him and hes ill, he talks about depersonalisation too but cos i dont suffer with it i dont know how it feels and i try so hard to understand and just be there to support him 24/7, but i feel nothing i do is good enough, i run myself ragged to make sure hes ok. I dont really know what im asking for here, maybe i just needed to vent but if anyone can give me any advise on how to help him or how anyone else copes living with someone with these issues id be really greatful. Thank u so much.

Canbud
30-11-14, 16:15
You have a lot on your plate, with pregnancy and a partner who is struggling. One thing that comes to mind is to be sure to take care of yourself--and that means time away from your partner to just meet with friends and enjoy life.

You cannot support your partner 24/7 and nor should you try. He needs to take responsibility for his health. Set up some ground rules now for both of you now. In his condition, he isn't thinking of you, so you have to.