PDA

View Full Version : Major update - heart worries

nokindofhero
30-11-14, 18:14
So, in the course of the past few months, I'd had a few complaints about odd heart beats and not just PVC, PAC and ectopics.

Fast forward til about two weeks ago and I was sitting outside the ER in the lot and felt a general malaise over me with anticipatory anxiety and I was debating on going in or not.

So, after a half hour of contemplating, I check in with my usual concerns.

They run the routine stethoscope and breathing motions, lab work, a chest x-ray and a urine sample.

Eventually they come up with nothing as usual and everything appears as normal but they notice my frequent visits and decide to refer me to a cardiologist.

Upon my exam, he immediately discovers a murmur and feels it will likely require open heart surgery.

I'm scheduled for a stress test on the treadmill, an ECG, ultrasound, and then a cardiac MRI since ultrasound was inconclusive, followed by a CT scan.

Lough story short: I have a congenital major aortic valve leakage, a swelling aortic root and a slightly been larger heart and was given 3-5 years before I'd be experiencattention to symptoms of congestive heart failure.

Luckily, after a few more tests, a teeth cleaning, a round of antibiotics and now getting rid of a lower GI infection due to clindamycin that was targeting my initial gum infection, I'm on a new round of antiobiotics and have a bental aortic root and valve replacement surgery scheduled Friday at 5:30am. I'll be fitted with a mechanical valve and put on coumadin for life.

I'm happy they found it. We all know our body best when it comes to listening when it tells us to be aware. Not saying everybody who feels that way has an underlying condition but there's definitely something to pay attention to. Bills, family, lovers, whatever.

My cardio and surgeon said it's a big possibility but aren't 100% sure that I would see a big reduction in my anxiety and symptoms as they are most like at least half related to my condition.

I want to thank anyone on the board who has helped me during nights I couldn't cope

It means so very much and I hope you will say a prayer for me when my surgery and recovery rolls around.

Thanks so very much, guys.