PDA

View Full Version : How make new ESA claim (leaving work focused group for the support group))

stev
30-11-14, 20:01
Hi, I'm currently in the Work Focused ESA group and I was wondering how to make a new claim if anyone can help?

I need to go back into the ESA Support Group, the work focused group is of no use/help whatsoever, it's just the same scheme they send jobseekers to and in my opinion is just to con people onto JSA or ending their claim - if they just said you are not entitled to ESA you would appeal, you'd have to! I would urge anyone who has been put into the work focused group to appeal and not make my mistake, despite all the extra stress. I had a man on the phone trying to convince me how lucky I was to get in to the work focused group rather than just the usual letter, so they really don't want you to appeal but I was so tired.

It's been 6 months so I can make a new claim now, do I go to the benefit office for a form, or the doctor for a sick note, I don't know?

TIA

netball
22-12-14, 11:27
how did u get on? I'm in the same situation. So i just appealed and sent evidence that i had deteriorated. Waiting to hear back now....

Dazza123
02-01-15, 08:36
Just for information, you cannot just make a new claim and get into the support group. You have to appeal and give the reasons you should be in the support group and not the work related group. You would also do well to get a letter from your doctor or any support workers showing proof you meet support group descriptors, it isnt as simple as making a fresh claim which is not something you can do if you are already in receipt of ESA. You have 13 months I think in which to make an appeal.

netball
08-01-15, 18:42
yes I'm in the wrag group. So i have appealed.
r u I'm the support group then dazza123