PDA

View Full Version : Osteosarcoma fears

lele19
30-11-14, 20:24
Hi there,

I'm a 10 year + health anxiety sufferer. For the last 12 months I have been having lower back pain on movement, I first noticed this after a back massage, but assumed it would go away after a few days. It didn't. 6 months ago, all of the muscles around my back and sides and ribs started to produce extremely tender pains too. The last few weeks I've also experienced knee, wrist and ankle pain on exercising/movement. Worse in the evening. I'm terrified I have bone cancer and that it's spread all over my body and to my lungs and that it will be terminal. I mentioned the pain to my dr about 3 months ago and he felt all up and down my back and told me he thought it was fibromyalgia. But with the joint pain know also in my knee and ankle and no improvement I've booked another appointment at my GP for tomorrow. Terrified. I'm also aware that between the ages of 10 and 25 is when I would be most likely to get this type of cancer.

:(

Leanne (24)

luc
30-11-14, 20:36
I really want this not to come over as sneering or rude but please read your post again trying your hardest to be rational. The likelihood of you have end stage bone cancer that you notice when excersising and more so in the evening:shrug:

cpe1978
30-11-14, 20:43
And at the age of 24 even the stats are phenomenally in your favour. In fact they would be at 84.

Fishmanpa
30-11-14, 21:08
During my treatment, I stayed at Hope Lodge in Baltimore, MD. There were three people staying there with bone cancer. Believe me, you would know if you had it. Next to SCC Stage IV (which I had), it's the nastiest most deadly, most difficult treatment and difficult to treat type of cancer there is.

From what you posted, I don't feel it's a realistic possibility.

Positive thoughts

lily1
30-11-14, 22:30
My dog had this and I know it's not the same in a way but osteosarcoma is rare in humans it effects dogs alot more.

You would have extreme pain with osteo as my dog did he also couldn't put any weight on his leg at all he had a bad limp.

You say for the past 10 months, I don't know if this is the same as in humans but in my dog it spread quickly and he only lived 4 months from diagnosis.
He had a cough too thats how we knew it had spread to his lungs.

Also it started in one limb not all over pain and symptoms.

I have pains in my knees etcx