PDA

View Full Version : Does this look like skin cancer?

John_Daryl
01-12-14, 00:16
I got real bad sunburn over summer and i noticed this on my foot about a month or so ago. I dont know if i should be worried because i caught my foot on the door and im not sure if its a scar from that or something to do with sunburn from summer.

Canbud
01-12-14, 01:26
In a word? NO.

marie398
01-12-14, 04:06
I agree with the previous user.

I have a similar spot on my lower back for quite some time that i have been worried about (but my worries are not rational).

Objectively, your spot looks like nothing to worry about. Looks like a scar, skin irritation, a birth mark, etc. Especially if you have recollection of hitting it somewhere.

Skin cancers that I know of present differently.

kristaok
01-12-14, 05:10
No, I truly don't think it's skin cancer. I've seen skin cancer and that is not skin cancer.

Please don't worry, you don't have skin cancer. :)

SarahH
01-12-14, 18:24
I don't think anyone on this forum is qualified to say that something is or is not skin cancer, or any other diagnoses.
Please see your GP if you are really worried.

Sarah

blondielady
01-12-14, 19:14
To me it looks like a scar... maybe from a shoe rubbing too much or if your sunburn peeled at all. When my skin is healing from some sort of trauma it always looks red like that and almost a bit shiny as it heals. I suggest going to your doctor just to set your mind at ease. I once had a small almost black mole on my foot and lemme tell you... I was convinced it was melanoma. I made sure the doctor took the whole darn thing out and the skin around it just to make sure. It was benign. I was told that if I ever get spots on my skin to just watch them for a while and see if there are any changes. So really, you could just wait a few days and see if it disappears (I'd almost put money on it that yours will) and if it doesn't, you can get it checked.