PDA

View Full Version : Safe to take Citalopram and Mirtazapine at night?

EvilZombie
01-12-14, 10:53
Hey all, just left the docs as am still struggling after eight months on Cit, he has suggested I try Mirtazapine, and to take both for a while and then start to taper the Cit. Only thing I forgot to ask is , is it ok to take them both at the same time? Anyone know or do this?

anxiousjo
01-12-14, 11:26
You can ask at the chemist when you pick them up should be able to help. Good luck!

EvilZombie
01-12-14, 11:48
Too late! Can't believe I didn't think of that!

oldtime
01-12-14, 11:49
Sure is, they work very well together. Although I take my Cit in the morning and Mirt at night. I find Cit wakes me up and Mirt makes me sleep, this is not the same for everyone, some people find Cit makes them sleepy!

EvilZombie
01-12-14, 13:54
Cool. How did you find the first few days on mirt oldtime? I'm understandably a little anxious about waking up a complete vegetable. And all this "serotonin syndrome" I keep hearing about

oldtime
05-12-14, 13:49
Serotonin syndrome will not occur unless you mix certain drugs, your doctor will not let this happen.

Mirtazapine will not make you like a vegetable, it may make you very sleepy especially for the first few hours after you take the tablet so take it just before bedtime. This does where off after a few weeks.

Mirtazapine tends to work faster than other AD's and side effects are usually mild.