PDA

View Full Version : I hate this-mole fear

CleverLittleViper
01-12-14, 14:31
I hate this crap.

I wanted to put an appointment on today at my doctors to get my mole checked. I just want to make sure it's all A-OK. But their systems are changing and they can only put on "urgent appointments" until next week. Of course, the second she stipulated that word "urgent" it makes you question what is or isn't urgent. The last thing I want to do is be a timewaster or a pain in the rear end. But every source I've read says if you think you may have a suspicious mole, get it seen to immediately.

Of course, I said "No, it's not urgent, it can wait," and now I have to wait until next Monday to even put an appointment on! Which means I may not even get an appointment until long after that. I don't know what to do. I can't stop staring at the mole. Now, I'm thinking it could well have been urgent and because of their systems and her insistence on reminding me only urgent appointments something serious could happen. http://www.anxietyzone.com/Smileys/default/sick0002.gif

I don't know what to do now. I can't wait over a week to get it looked at. I want to pop in and demand to see someone just to put my mind at ease. I understand they can't control their systems and such, and protocol is protocol, but I have no point of reference for what is urgent v what isn't. If its fine, I'm going to feel very stupid and like a timewaster. If it's not, well, then I can get treatment.

I don't know if I should pop in through the day and ask if I can see someone. Or if I should try again tomorrow, and just say its urgent. Or if I should wait until next week. I can't wait that long or I'll burn it off myself. I am not joking. I almost took a match to it today.

cpe1978
01-12-14, 14:36
I think you should read this excellent advice posted on this forum a little while ago :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161928

That isn't to say you shouldn't get checked out but it might help organise your thoughts.