PDA

View Full Version : ulcer at back of throat

spacebunnyx
01-12-14, 19:51
Hiya,

Am having pain when I swallow food.. I think I have an ulcer down the back of my throat (too far down to see). Don't have a sore throat and doesn't hurt when not eating... But when I do... Ouch!

I've been on medication that made me run down, so I'm rationalising it! :-)

Any idea how long these last?

Will not Google! But I need to know as taking steroids for medical treatment in a few days.

Thanks Xxx

Fishmanpa
01-12-14, 19:58
Hiya,

Am having pain when I swallow food.. I think I have an ulcer down the back of my throat (too far down to see). Don't have a sore throat and doesn't hurt when not eating... But when I do... Ouch!

I've been on medication that made me run down, so I'm rationalising it! :-)

Any idea how long these last?

Will not Google! But I need to know as taking steroids for medical treatment in a few days.

Thanks Xxx

Yeah, quite possible that's what's going on. Ulcers usually happen when you're run down. Healing depends, but usually a few days to a week if it's a nasty one. I dealt with a lot of that going through treatment. The best remedy was gargling with salt water 2-4 times a day. 16oz water, 1-2 tablespoons of salt, L Glutamine powder if you have it (aids in healing).

Positive thoughts

spacebunnyx
01-12-14, 20:32
Thanks fishmanpa. I do get paranoid about my throat as I have recurrent hpv infection on my cervix and I know it can get to other places too. Just being sensible about this one and will not let my mind get carried away. Honestly, if I had to list everything I thought u had wrong with me in the last week I'd probably die of shame but nothing else! It feels slightly better today than yesterday so fingers crossed it will bugger off soon - been 5 days.

Xxx

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

That should be an I not u!