PDA

View Full Version : coming off celexa(citalopram)

britt
01-12-14, 21:47
Hi my name is Brittany....i have been on celexa for 2 yrs and just recently by my dr was told to quit cold turkey.It has been a week since i stopped and i have been having withdrawl symptoms such as vomitting,cold/hot,nausea.I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced these types of symptoms,and if its normal and how long will these last for

venusbluejeans
01-12-14, 21:53
Hiya britt and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Canbud
01-12-14, 23:03
Hi my name is Brittany....i have been on celexa for 2 yrs and just recently by my dr was told to quit cold turkey.It has been a week since i stopped and i have been having withdrawl symptoms such as vomitting,cold/hot,nausea.I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced these types of symptoms,and if its normal and how long will these last for

I don't know what dose you are on, but you never quit cold turkey. I don't know why your doc told you that. I'm hoping there was a misunderstanding.

You start by going down .5 mg per week, making sure you can tolerate each decrease.

kristaok
02-12-14, 08:56
No doctors in their right mind would or should ever tell a patient to quit cold turkey, that is very dangerous and silly of your doctor. If anything you're supposed to take less and less of the dosage over time. Never quit any psychiatric meds cold turkey.