PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have lymphoma

ImPrettyScaredRightN
01-12-14, 22:17
Hi everybody,

I've been feeling not very well for the past couple of months, and I've been in and out of the doctors trying to figure out whats up, to no avail so far. A few of my symptoms are lymphoma-like, and its driving me mad.

Here's a list of what I've been going through:
Slightly swollen lymph nodes in my neck, i can feel them if i put pressure on and they move.

A few swollen lymph nodes around the top right of my pelvic area, none of them are very big but some of them are hard and rubbery.

Mild stomach discomfort with a loss of appetite, which from time to time becomes very painful stomach cramps. I've also noticed my stomach pulses when I lie down and feel it.

Changes in bowel movement - I have to urgently go to the bathroom to pass stool and its over within a matter of 10 seconds, though I don't have diarrhea. Sometimes I get constipated for a few days

Pelvic pain (more noticeable when I've been lying down for a while)

Small spikes of fever, though this hasn't happened for a couple of weeks or so now

A feeling of malaise and chest discomfort, which can get quite bad at night. Sometimes I get breathless if I'm doing something like walking quickly

Muscle aches and pains, mostly my arms and shoulders. I also have tender/painful fingers/toes.

And finally, whats really caused me a great deal anxiety is over the last couple of days I've been quite itchy, and today I felt really intense itching in my arms that didn't subside with scratching, and keeps coming and going.

I hope you can understand why my health anxiety has been building to a breaking point over the past couple of months, with all of these things weighing on my mind.

I've had blood tests done for things like glandular fever and rheumatoid arthritis, and nothing unusual has come back. Does this rule out rheumatoid completely? I'm seeing my doctor again Wednesday.

Canbud
01-12-14, 23:07
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Let me start by saying that seeing your stomach pulse is perfectly normal. It's your renal vein. I have that too.

It would seem you have some kind of infection occuring in your body--have you been tested for mono, or pneumonia?

ImPrettyScaredRightN
01-12-14, 23:46
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Let me start by saying that seeing your stomach pulse is perfectly normal. It's your renal vein. I have that too.

It would seem you have some kind of infection occuring in your body--have you been tested for mono, or pneumonia?

Thanks for the reply. Mono is known as glandular fever here, so yes I've been tested for that. Pneumonia no, but maybe thats covered in some general blood tests that ive had?

macc noodle
01-12-14, 23:49
If you have had a suite of blood tests it would have picked up any inflammation markers that would have led your doctor to do further testing.

What you have described sounds like someone who is over anxious about their health and getting over focussing on bodily sensations.

Have you tried telling the doctor you are worried you have lymphoma? They may be able to put your mind at rest xx

ImPrettyScaredRightN
01-12-14, 23:53
If you have had a suite of blood tests it would have picked up any inflammation markers that would have led your doctor to do further testing.

What you have described sounds like someone who is over anxious about their health and getting over focussing on bodily sensations.

Have you tried telling the doctor you are worried you have lymphoma? They may be able to put your mind at rest xx

Thanks a lot for the reply! No I haven't, that might be a good idea actually since he has quite a few blood test results he could look at.

Also I know it does sound overly obsessive, but i genuinely have been felling very unwell, and this preceded me getting anxious about my health (for the most part). I've lost close family members to cancer, so feeling unwell really is starting to stress me out.

macc noodle
02-12-14, 00:23
I have suffered HA for years and it's horrible - I understand your worries completely.

I would definitely tell your doc your fears - then it can be addressed and your worries to be allayed.

Stay strong xx