PDA

View Full Version : Very panicky and I'm getting braces again tomorrow?

Blondiexxoo
02-12-14, 04:15
I had an Ortho appt scheduled 2 weeks out to get my braces back on since my teeth have moved. They told me when I made the appt that they were allotting a huge amount of time for me (needed for braces plus a little extra cause my anxiety is so bad). So they told me if I needed to cancel to do so in advance. The appt is tomorrow morning. I woke up today feeling like I can't breathe and it feels deep in my chest. I felt it first thing when I woke up before I was even completely awake so it couldn't have been my anxiety. Plus I have never felt this from my anxiety before. It seems like it could be the start of bronchitis or something. But I am stressing about feeling like I can't breathe as well as the Ortho appt which is causing other symptoms like a fast heartbeat and nausea.

So I don't know what to do! If I cancel on him, he'll probably be very mad and might refuse to rebrace me. But I don't see how I can get braces on being nauseous and feeling like I can't breathe which comes and goes. The only thing I can think of is to get the top ones done and come back for the bottom ones. But I don't know if I can even get that many done. I'm going to bring my music and a stress ball to help, if I go. Idk what to do! Any thoughts? What would you do?

Because of my anxiety, if I cancel this late (before the appt in the morning) he will probably think I got worried and chickened out. I just don't know what to do.

kristaok
02-12-14, 09:57
Its probably just anxiety, but if it stresses you out don't go. If he cares he will understand.

Have you considered getting on doctor prescribed anxiety medication?

anthrokid
06-12-14, 05:47
Hey Blondie, how did you go? Did you manage to go through with the appointment and have them put back on?

Blondiexxoo
12-01-15, 22:49
Hey! Sorry I never saw your post until I went looking for this thread.

I was able to get them back on, on the top teeth only. I had to wait for the bottom teeth. I got them on a few weeks ago and had another appointment today. I'm really anxious after today's appointment though :(

When I got the braces on originally, this girl, Sarah, helped me through it. At the time, I asked to have her every time I came in. One time I got this other girl there, Megan, when Sarah wasn't there. I didn't give her a chance and got stressed and stupidly called up and said I didn't want her working on me again. But over time, I realized Sarah was inexperienced compared to the other people working there and didn't appear to be as patient.

Then when I would come in, she was taking some time off. It seemed literally like months and months. I think it was several months last year and several months this year. So when I got the braces back on, Megan worked on me. She did a great job putting them on and helping me through the whole experience. I like her a lot!

At my appointment today Sarah was back. She had a mask on and kept sniffling. My orthodontist made a comment how she came in even though she's on her death bed. I asked if it's contagious. And they both said no and that it's a girl thing.

I'm just very stressed! I can't get sick! She's been out for months and months. Obviously she's sick or something. She was the only one wearing a mask. I'm just so stressed and worried! I'm scared I'm gonna get sick!

And also I have to get the bottom braces back on in a couple weeks. And I really want Megan to put them on. But I just don't see how I can request her with all that's happened. :(