PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suffer anxiety only at night time?

tan235
02-12-14, 19:44
Hi!

So all my tests came back clear which is great, stool test, however instead of suffering from loose stools I now have constipation!

I have no idea what's going on...... anyway now I seem to be getting anxiety but only at night.

It's really bad as well - it wakes me up, my heart is pounding and I feel dizzy.
I try shake it and go back to sleep but I haven't had this for ages, worse still I feel great during the day so I don't know why it's coming at night.

Anyone else suffer from this?

THank you - oh as a side note, anyone had chronic constipation and find a quick fix, I'm drinking 3 litres of wataer, eating heaps of fibre... and still constipated :unsure::shrug::shrug:

chickpea
02-12-14, 20:26
Try taking magnesium for the constipation.

Yes, I get woken up by anxiety most nights at the moment, sometimes 2 or 3 times a night. My heart races, my breathing is fast and shallow.
Obviously, it's a little harder to deal with at night because there are no distractions, but I remind myself It's JUST anxiety and breathe through it and I can often fall asleep again before it's past. I keep a glass of water by my bed and sipping it helps.

MPsyStudent_1988
02-12-14, 20:46
I find that my anxiety is also more prominent in the evening. In particular prior to me going to sleep. I take something called Stress support night I got from local pharmacy and it consists of natural herbal supplements only (not medication) to help me sleep when i really really need it.