PDA

View Full Version : New member with GAD and mostly health anxiety.

Jjjetplane25
03-12-14, 01:19
Hi everyone I'm brand new to this website and also brand new to talking about my anxieties. I've suffered from a little social anxiety since being in my teens but it has recently gotten so much worse. My Nannan died last August, she had a stroke and it was all very sudden. Ever since then I have had terrible health anxiety. It only shows its face when I'm stressed and I'm very stressed at the moment. Anxiety caused me to lose my job so I have a lot of financial worries at the moment as well as self esteem issues and I feel a little hopeless seeing as I couldn't even hold down my first ever job.
But I try to keep going. The past few weeks have been hell. I have been anxious constantly and have had 5-6 panic attacks a day but they last about 2 hours so I've basically been panicking constantly. Sometimes about absolutely nothing! For the past 2 days I have felt absolutely fine no anxiety what so ever but it's back again :( usually I think I'm having a stroke or heart attack, sometimes I worry that I have a brain anuerysm, or that I have a blood clot. I have a massive fear of going blind so whenever my eyes hurt I panic. My pain panic now is that I am terrified of getting ebola. And i know that it isn't in the UK but that doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm still convinced I have it. I had a little diarrhea earlier and that's what set the fear off. Now I'm panicking and my nose feels like it's going to bleed and I differ between hot and cold.
It sounds silly , I'm absolutely terrified of dying but at the same time, I have suicidal thoughts because I think that death could be much better than the suffering.

Sorry for going on too much. Hope everyone is doing good xx

oldnews
05-12-14, 14:21
Iv been there with the heart problems/ PE. I thought i would die from one. I couldnt believe anyone when they told me i was fine and it was anxiety. IT WAS. Take a look at some of the posts on here you will be amazed at how many people have the same symptoms caused by anxiety.