PDA

View Full Version : am i going to die please help me

tiredofthis14
03-12-14, 14:19
i am petrified i have a clot and im going to die
went hosp mon d dimer was 178
normally 73
have leg pain no sweling redness
have chest pain chesty cough breathlessness im convinced im going die please please help me cant go hospital on own with two kids

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

cut off for d dimer 250

debs71
03-12-14, 14:29
Hi,

You result is NOT high. Anything (apparently - I only know this from researching it myself) below 230 does not indicate the risk of DVT.

D-dimer results can also be elevated due to OTHER causes, such as infection, inflammation or pregnancy to name a few.

My grandmother died from a thrombosis. Clots work pretty fast, and I very much doubt that you would be here on the forum if you really had a DVT. DVT's are incredibly painful in the limb - you find it difficult to walk or cannot put your foot to the ground, the limb is swollen (usually grossly), purple/red.

I think that your symptoms are from the anxiety you are feeling from this worry, as chest pain and breathlessness are classic signs of a panic. Your leg pain is more likely a muscle strain or a cramp rather than anything sinister.

Have you had a clot before? I noted from your other post that you have had other d-dimer tests so am curious. x:hugs:

tiredofthis14
03-12-14, 14:42
thank you for your reply
sorry for your loss

iv had a obsession from dvt since i was misdiagnosed a pulmonary embolism and told i was going to die literally and it wasnt even a clot in the end
im petrified of them iv had d dimers before

i just cant shake the panic something is really wrong i think i have a chest infection which isnt helping

debs71
03-12-14, 14:50
Hi again,

Thank you very much hun.

I did have a suspicion that something had triggered your fear. I am not surprised as that must have been terrifying and traumatic for you.

Ahh, so you have a chest infection. Yep, that will create some of your symptoms too as far as the chest goes, coughing, breathlessness and you will also have some chest pain hun, as the coughing tires out the chest muscles, so please don't worry if you get that too.....all of your chest symptoms have an explanation as you are unwell. x

oldnews
05-12-14, 14:17
Hi

Yes you are going to die,one day but not now. Everyone goes one way or another. If hospital was concerned they would keep you in. There obviously not. I had this fear once, couldnt believe the hospital. Leg pain was bad, chest really tight felt like i couldnt breathe. Please believe the doctors.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Sorry that sounded rude. I meant everyone will die one day, but i doubt ud be here typing if u had a PE or DVT.