PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to slap sense into me

CleverLittleViper
03-12-14, 17:25
I'm terrified.

I've been checking my moles loads lately, and I've found one that I'm really concerned may be nodular melanoma. Well, after reading about NM anyway. http://www.anxietyzone.com/Smileys/default/sick0002.gif

It's tan coloured, and a raised bump over the skin. It doesn't feel very hard, but not soft either. Rather firm. It has hair growing from it, and it is on my arm. I've had it for a couple of years, I think, at least.

It's not huge, and it's symmetrical, borders are nice and even, colour is uniform, and it doesn't itch, bleed or scale or ulcer. The logical part of me says it is just a compound melanocytic nevi, or intradermal nevi, or even a derma fibroma (spelling?) or maybe a seborrhic wart. I also logically know if it were NM it is either the laziest NM there ever was, or it isn't it because it would have done something by now.

It's remained static since I've had it. I'm just so scared. I know NM typically affects people in their middle age, (I'm 27) twice as many men as women (I'm a chick) and is normally on places not usually exposed to sunlight.

I need someone to talk sense to me. I almost rushed to the doctor surgery and demanded to see someone today. Just as I was doing so well with holding off. I think I might have to go on Friday now, and just make the urgent appointment because I won't be able to get an appointment in the next two weeks on account of being away on a course that I can't get out of.

Canbud
03-12-14, 19:04
If there's one thing I know, it's that the layperson does not have the skill to determine which moles or skin lesions are serious or not. Especially if they have HA. I have seb k's, and even my doc has trouble deciding! I go to a good derm and let them decide.

Stop looking at your moles. And I mean STOP all together. Have your doc check you regularly in your yearly physical. Then leave it alone.

cpe1978
03-12-14, 20:18
You can slap some sense into yourself. :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161928