PDA

View Full Version : Diet/Excercise/Relaxation

karl
29-08-04, 14:46
Hi People

Just wondered about the following.

I changed my diet quite some weeks ago, ive cut down on the amount of tea i have and sugar, have never drunk coffee anyway.
Been drinking more water and eating more fruit and veg.

Also i have been doing alot more walking then i used to do, i do at least 20 mins walking aday sometimes more.

Also i listen to relaxation cd's before bed sometimes i feel they help but not all the time.

Before i got ill i used to eat alot of fat and junk food, didnt do that much excercise and stuff.

But as yet i have not seen any benefits as to doing all this but i guess it takes time.

Thanks.

seh1980
29-08-04, 15:15
hi Karl,

Yes, it will take some time before you notice the difference. It will definetly be worth it in the long run...

Sarah :D

sarah
29-08-04, 15:45
Hi Karl

Yes I aggree with Sarah, it will take time but you are definately doing the right thing to help yourself!

Keep us posted

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 15:56
Karl

You are doing everything right. Try to cut out caffeine completely and any soft drinks that contain it as well.

Walking is great exercise so keep that up.

You may not think it is having an effect, but you could have felt much worse if you weren't eating healthily and doing the exerise.

Keep it up ok?

Nicola

jo-jo
29-08-04, 16:47
Hiya Karl

Don't worry, your new healthy lifestyle will definately bring you lots of benefits, its just that it may take a little time for you to feel the effect.

In the meantime how about taking some supplements? Vit B complex is very good for anxiety.

Best wishes, Jo

sal
29-08-04, 22:25
Hi Karl

You are taking a totally postive approach and doing all the right things. You will feel the benefit soon.

Well done for taking control and changing so many things.

Love Sal xxxxx

Wishingstar
01-09-04, 12:35
Karl,

I did as you have and gave up many of these things in July. It took a good 4-6 weeks before I noticed any real changes.

I now eat only brown breads, wholemeal pastas, no potatoes, no sugary sweets or drinks, and no caffine at all. At first I didn't notice much of a change but now, if I have any of these things, I instantly get dizzy, etc. Since not eating them, I haven't had the shakes once though, so I know it has been worth it for that alone. Previously, at least once or twice a week, I would get a really hot face, and then go into an hour or more of whole body shakes and shivers. That hasn't happend to me at all since!

Just keep doing what you are doing. Keep reminding yourself that you are doing everything you can to take good care of yourself. And if nothing else, you will be healthier for it! :D When you do start feeling anxious or panicy, you can remind yourself how good you've been, and that just by taking these steps, you are dramatically lowering your risks of anything serious being wrong with you.

Keep up the good work! :D

Meg
01-09-04, 15:51
karl,

If you're suddenly starting to seriously exercise you might want to consider a course fish oils to protect your joints and tendons until they get stretched .

Your lifestyle changes are excellent ones and will benefit all of you not just your anxiety.

Wishing Star - fantastic news . Well done on all your efforts and progress.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch