PDA

View Full Version : need some advice plz xx

vicki74
03-12-14, 19:47
Hi all new here well not new just first time posting, I am after some reassurance.. I have been suffering from health anxiety for has long has I can remember. Back in 2003 I convinced myself I had als, that was really bad I got to the point of a breakdown. But now I am having problems again but this time with my heart. Back in September I has a pain in my sholder that shot up to my jaw, that made me have a major anxiety attack. So like before I Google my symptoms and got heart attack since then I have had 5 ecgs all normal apart from first they had to give me diazipan to carm me down to do test again. I keep getting pains in my arms my back at the top and shoulder pains, and sometimes in my chest. I am a 40 yrs old. I gave up smoking about 8 weeks ago. I have been on sertraline for 7 weeks but don't seem to help I still getting scary thoughts. I'm just afraid they put my symptoms down to anxiety because it's easy thing to blame things on. Hope someone can help xx

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Anyone

Canbud
03-12-14, 20:16
If you have had 5 ecg's, all normal, that sounds pretty darn good to me. :)

I know when you have anxiety, and the docs know you have anxiety, you fear that they won't listen to you. The thing is, though, is that the docs have independent means of finding out if you are ill, especially if it's a heart problem. Ecg's don't lie.

Tell you a little story. Recently, my father thought he had really bad indigestion, and because of his age (94) we brought him to the emergency department.

The docs decided to give him an ECG and found out that he was having a heart attack. Doctors are very good at knowing when there's a heart problem or not.

vicki74
03-12-14, 21:01
Thank you for the reply I just don't see I can be still having these pains.if there is nothing wrong with me. I no I can convince myself of things been there before this time it just seems real. I no what I am like, it's just hard it feels to hard every day is like a battle xx

Canbud
03-12-14, 21:17
You can have pains in alot of places--It doesn't mean you have a serious, life-threatening problem. If you rule out heart, what else could it be?

vicki74
03-12-14, 21:55
Is an ecg enough to rule.out my heart. I am worried they say it's anxiety every time i think sometimes has an excuse. I have had a full blood work all came back ok, I'm on meds for anxiety and I thought if I deal with the.anxiety then the physical symptoms would dissappear but I feel because I still have anxiety because of the symptoms I'm fighting a loosing battle. That's what it feels like

Fishmanpa
03-12-14, 22:18
I've had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents (let's not even get into the cancer)...

I can assure you if you were having a heart attack, you'd know it and the tests would show it! That being said, I went to the hospital with heart symptoms last Spring. I knew it wasn't a heart attack but it's prudent in light of my situation. It sure hurt like a MoFo though. Turns out it was reflux and stress related. I was prescribed a PPI and haven't had an issue since!

5 clear ecgs is pretty definitive don't you think?

Positive thoughts