PDA

View Full Version : Eye troubles getting worse please help!??!

WORRIED06
06-01-07, 10:17
Hi im 16 years old and keep constantly seeing falling cells EVERYWHERE I look.Its petrifing and i wondered if anyone else experienced this? they just move downwards on walls on my body and everywhere...HELP....:([Sigh...]

C.H.

Basket Boy
06-01-07, 14:48
Hi Carla,

Can you explain a bit more about the "falling cells" you can see. I am wondering if you are seeing "floaters" which are tiny dark fragments some of us have in our eyes.

I have them, they're not usually a problem but I notice them more when I'm tired/stressed.

My optician keeps an eye (groan...) on them them when I have a regular sight test.

Maybe you should have an eye check up to see if this is the problem. Hope this is helpful.

Take care.

Chris

fightingonstill
06-01-07, 18:56
Hi
i have always experienced the floating white dots thing which apparantly is when you are under alot of stress. They arent too bothersome for me though and i dont think they are related too much to the panic and anxiety though i could be wrong!
Nikki x

WORRIED06
06-01-07, 19:00
Hi Chris,
Thanks =] Ive had 2 eye checkups and everythings fine (well so they said)...I know about floaters and have seen them but the things i see are constant and just fall everywhere.
Carla

C.H.

Rennie1989
06-01-07, 19:19
I get those too, I've had it for years but I havn't bothered to get it checked.

If the opticions say it's ok then that's good.

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

Grover
07-01-07, 13:36
Hi

Please dont stress too much about these 'cells'. What you are talking about is almost definately 'floaters'. These are actually very very common. For explantion check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I have had them for about (or should I say noticed them) for the past 12 years. I have had my eyes checked out twice at the Moorfields eye hospital and they said they could see the floaters but that apart from that my eyes were healthy.

In some (and I mean some) people, if they experience flashing lights with their floaters it may indicate possible detaching retina. Having said that, many people experience both but with no retina problems at all.

if it really worries you I would suggest going to the A&E of your local eye hospital and explain what you are seeing and asked to be checked out.

But as I said floaters are extremely common and nearly always nothing to worry about.

Take care

G