PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I just face facts?

craigforsyth23
04-12-14, 00:54
hey everyone,

So I have been doing so well over the past couple of months up until the last week or so where I have been experiencing a really painful right temple EVERY time I sneeze, cough, laugh, bend over etc. I don't have a sore head prior to this happening but it certainly does bring it on.

At first when I started experiencing health anxiety I was worried about heart attacks and strokes etc. but I seem to have that under control. Now it has reared its ugly head again and came to me in the form of a brain tumour! I get so worked up and start worrying day and night about it. And of course, silly me, decided to go on to Dr Google and self diagnose myself. I went for an appointment at my GP who had a look behind my eyes and took bloods from me. Everything was as it should be. When I was there however, I was itching to ask him just send me for an MRI or CT scan for peace of mind. I quickly realised though that this wouldn't give me peace of mind but only make me worse as that's what health anxiety does to you. One test and set of results are never enough!

So I came here instead for some support from my fellow HA sufferers and to get some clarity on this. I don't experience any nausea or wakening through the night etc. However I just cannot seem to understand why I experience this pain ONLY when I sneeze, cough or do anything strenuous.

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated. And besides this I hope everyone if geared up and ready for Christmas :) I know I am.

Thanks everyone

Craig :) x

kristaok
04-12-14, 02:32
I've convinced myself I've had a brain tumor before too, then mini strokes, you name it my mind has convinced me I've had it. In the end it was none of those things, just stupid anxiety.

Try not to worry, brain tumors are rare, if you're worried go get checked out.

I pray all is well..