PDA

View Full Version : Right before going to sleep attacks

PaladinX
04-12-14, 01:49
Right before I go to sleep, or as I am trying to relax and go to sleep I been getting these attacks.. I could use some opinions if anyone has gone through anything similar. It starts off with a weird funny feeling.. Like a nervous tension or butterfly feeling.. I guess a feeling or awareness of being volatile and you know an attack is coming.. This gets worse and I start feeling hot.. like a hot flash, and start to sweat.. Than it feels like my heart clicks into a mode and starts racing like crazy.. Its a steady and even but very fast heart rate and if I get even more nervous I start sweating a lot, and feel very scared and bewildered.. I know i suffer from anxiety disorder.. but I am having a hard time knowing if these are panic attacks or some kind of heart arrhythmia. I have read some people have a heart arrhythmia called SVT.. I am not sure if I have this or not.. I would need a monitor to wear and catch it to know.. but some parts about SVT I think i could have, other parts not so much.. I do always know when the attack is coming. I feel that nervous gloomy feeling before my heart starts to race.. Another thing I have read about SVT is people usually feel a PVC or skipped heart beat prior to their heart taking off like a machine. I don't feel or notice any skipped beats prior to the event.. nor when it stops.. And I hear PVC's usually start and end an episode of SVT... I don't notice any.. I timed my last attack last night it lasted for a minute and 30 seconds.. after that I that horrid nervous tension feeling went away and the sweating stopped and my heart started to calm down.. of course these attacks effect me psychologically for the next day and I can't stop thinking about it. ANy information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

kristaok
04-12-14, 02:21
You should get checked to be safe, I'm no doctor so I can't give any medical advice.

I sometimes get a sense of anxiety, fear, and heightened awareness that causes my heart to skip and race and its always just been a panic attack.

So please don't worry, I know that's hard... I hope all goes well.

mandshere2000
04-12-14, 03:23
Hi paladin, I suffer from this and it's exactly how you describe it but I fall asleep and then wake after about 30-40 minutes feeling heart racing, sweaty, etc
I am also being investigated for sleep apnea
Manda

PaladinX
04-12-14, 04:46
Yea sleep apnea can give you heart arrhythmias. Or maybe its just panic attacks.. its hard to tell.. Information is tough and you have to search hard for it.. There isn't anyone there to like talk about symptoms in detail and explain certain things because I think everyone wants to make money.. I do realize the only way to tell 100 percent is getting a monitor etc.. but there is more people can do to help than just state that over and over.. For example. I had to dig and dig and dig, and i found out people with SVT usually feel skipped beats first.. that is a big indication.. I shouldn't have to search like crazy for somoene to make some comparisons.. Not everyone has insurance..I guess I am babbling away.. just frustrated.. been suffering a long time.. can't take it anymore. I am willing to go on medication if it helps.

regards

Canbud
04-12-14, 05:26
I used to have this weird thing happening as I fell asleep, which I called (for lack of a better description) the "whoosh".

It was like this whoosh of energy or adrenalin that came over me n this wave. It didn't feel like anxiety, although I imagine if I was feeling anxious at the time I would have labelled that way.

kristaok
04-12-14, 11:15
I get a feeling like IMA float up, and when I close my eyes it's like a wave, a rocking feeling and it makes me sick...

SarahH
04-12-14, 13:37
Look up Hypnogogic Jerks. They are very common with anxiety. I get them ALL the time before I drop off to sleep. They are not harmful.

Sarah

PaladinX
04-12-14, 21:52
I used to get those jerks.. too.. but this is worse.. my heart takes off racig, and i sweating and nervous, its terrible

SarahH
05-12-14, 07:15
It REALLY is anxiety.... the more you worry about it the worse it will get. If you are worried that its your heart then get it checked out. Many many on this board have had the same symptoms.

You will be fine

Sarah

PaladinX
05-12-14, 20:10
Thank you for the response.. Its been rough.. :(