PDA

View Full Version : New Symptom - Muscle Spasm?

Pigeon
04-12-14, 08:31
Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can help me as I am constantly worrying.

I have been posting on the section relating to IBS etc for the past few weeks as suffering from intermittent diarrhea, rumblings, stomach pain , lower back pain tc. I fluctuate between thinking I have bowel or some other digestive system cancer or believing that I may have IBS combined with HA. I have seen my GP who has done a full blood test and thinks it's the latter. Due to go again tomorrow for a review.

But for the past week, every single morning when I get out of bed, I have started to get a pain in my back underneath my shoulder blade on the left. It definitely feels muscular in that it hurts more when I breathe in deeply and on movement. After an hour or two, it disappears completely. It's really painful at first though and seems to connect with the IBS pain (if that's what it is) that I get under my ribs at the front. My lower ribs sometimes feel sore there at the side.

I find it really odd that I have had exactly the same thing at the same time, every day, in the same place. I haven't pulled any muscles as far as I know and it seems strange to me that I get it when I am at my most relaxed.

I am now annoyed at myself (and very scared) as, looking for a benign explanation I have googled 'intercostal muscle pain' , which mentions tumours and MS.

I will ask my doctor about it tomorrow but I wondered, has anyone else had this? Could it just be a muscle spasm due to my anxiety? Why would it happen at the same time every day?

I'm just so sick of feeling like this. Can anyone help please?

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

Sorry for posting again so quickly but I'm really desperate. I was just reading about muscle pain in back and I saw something about some kind of referred pain from internal organs that can be felt in back muscles.

What if I have some kind of cancer in my digestive system that is causing it?

Would the blood test I had show up any abnormalities in my digestive system? The doctor told me it was a detailed blood test which would also look at liver and thyroid function amongst other things. Surely something would have shown if I something seriously wrong?

I feel so weak and wobbly now, very tearful and not sure how I'm going to get through till my GP appointment tomorrow. My stomach is churning and I keep needing to go to toilet.

Fishmanpa
04-12-14, 12:44
But for the past week, every single morning when I get out of bed, I have started to get a pain in my back underneath my shoulder blade on the left. It definitely feels muscular in that it hurts more when I breathe in deeply and on movement. After an hour or two, it disappears completely.

I find it really odd that I have had exactly the same thing at the same time, every day, in the same place. I haven't pulled any muscles as far as I know and it seems strange to me that I get it when I am at my most relaxed.

That screams sleeping position muscular backache/need a new/better mattress.

Positive thoughts

Pigeon
04-12-14, 13:03
Thank you Fishmanpa

I have seen your answers to lots of other people's posts on here. You seem such a kind man to take the trouble to offer common-sense and reassurance to complete strangers and I really appreciate it.

My head tells me that I'm ok but my worry-bone keeps saying otherwise. It's a good job there are some rational people around like you.

Take care and thanks again for your kindness