PDA

View Full Version : Blood In Spit Only After Alcohol?

worriednow22
04-12-14, 08:36
Ok,

so I have been having an issue with blood in spit after alcohol. Well, just to test it out today I drank half a beer and it happened again. Just half a beer? An hour later it started. I just spit in the sink and saw some red blood mixed in. Just a little. Spit also looked a little rusty color too one time.

I did notice a tiny little pin point size spot on my tongue barely bleeding. I am thinking it could be from that. But is the alcohol making my tongue bleed? It was red blood. But sometimes my spit is a rusty color too after drinking.

What could this be? I am worried, this has happened the last 3 times I drank in the last say 3 months. Without beer/alcohol it doesn't happen as far as I can tell.

Fishmanpa
04-12-14, 12:45
Ok,

so I have been having an issue with blood in spit after alcohol. Well, just to test it out today I drank half a beer and it happened again. Just half a beer? An hour later it started. I just spit in the sink and saw some red blood mixed in. Just a little. Spit also looked a little rusty color too one time.

I did notice a tiny little pin point size spot on my tongue barely bleeding. I am thinking it could be from that. But is the alcohol making my tongue bleed? It was red blood. But sometimes my spit is a rusty color too after drinking.

What could this be? I am worried, this has happened the last 3 times I drank in the last say 3 months. Without beer/alcohol it doesn't happen as far as I can tell.

If it disturbs you, don't drink. Problem solved. Besides, alcohol and anxiety don't mix (as proven by this thread) ;)

Positive thoughts

kristaok
04-12-14, 12:46
Alcohol causes ulcers, I knew someone who only drank one time, coughed up blood from getting an ulcer and never drank again.

I'm no doctor though, but it's either an ulcer, a sore in your mouth, or something else. Either way if you have insurance you should get looked at and avoid the booze.

Serenity1990
04-12-14, 13:38
Deffo one to run past the doctor IMO. But still probably perfectly innocent, don't go jumping to silly conclusions!

Pigeon
04-12-14, 13:48
Are you sure it's blood? Sometimes when I'm rinsing after brushing my teeth I notice brown/rusty coloured spit. It's usually when I've just eaten or drunk something dark coloured - tea/coffee/chocolate - perhaps it's the same thing?

Serenity1990
04-12-14, 14:07
Are you sure it's blood? Sometimes when I'm rinsing after brushing my teeth I notice brown/rusty coloured spit. It's usually when I've just eaten or drunk something dark coloured - tea/coffee/chocolate - perhaps it's the same thing?

This is certainly true. I was worried about blood in my spit last Xmas. Then I realised how much port I'd drank!

Fishmanpa
04-12-14, 15:23
This is certainly true. I was worried about blood in my spit last Xmas. Then I realised how much port I'd drank!

There was a thread about blood in poo and it turned out the OP had been drinking red wine ~lol~.... yep yep yep.....

Levity and poo aside, drinking and anxiety are not the best combination and really a no no if you're on meds.

Positive thoughts

worriednow22
04-12-14, 20:13

Yea it was blood. I rinsed my mouth out after drinking and it happened an hour later. I know what you are saying though. Yea....after coffee you have almost rust colored spit from the coffee. But this is different.

I rinsed my mouth and even checked for blood in spit 10 mins after drinking and my spit was normal. Wasn't until an hour later until I saw the blood. It's just a bit concerning and I wonder what it is.

Serenity1990
04-12-14, 20:24
Yea it was blood. I rinsed my mouth out after drinking and it happened an hour later. I know what you are saying though. Yea....after coffee you have almost rust colored spit from the coffee. But this is different.

I rinsed my mouth and even checked for blood in spit 10 mins after drinking and my spit was normal. Wasn't until an hour later until I saw the blood. It's just a bit concerning and I wonder what it is.

Things in your throat and mouth can bleed just like any other surface tissue. Anything from irritation from a sharp crisp going down to a minor ulcer could be the cause. Let your doc evaluate it and I'm sure something boring and innocent will be the cause. :)

worriednow22
04-12-14, 22:30
I just ate some crackers. 10 mins later I spit in sink and a streak of bright red blood was in it. What the heck? Now I spit like 30 more times in the sink and nothing, clear white spit. I put a flashlight in my mouth right after spitting blood and could see bleeding nowhere. I just don't understand this.

One thing that scares me is I almost chocked on a sharp piece of wood about 4 months ago. It got lodged into my throat and I had to dry heave to get it out. Could I have swallowed a small piece without knowing? Or Could the sharp wood have cut something in my throat and it's still bleeding somehow? I mean, I seriously almost choked and I remembered it felt like it cut my throat. It felt like I had a piece of glass stuck in my throat. It took like 5 minutes of dry heaving for it to "pop" out of my throat. Could this be from that even though that happened 4 months ago?

Serenity1990
04-12-14, 22:35
That's a question for your doctor. But it's great youve remembered that, it could well be something simple that they can quickly sort. :)

worriednow22
05-12-14, 00:36
quick question. Can coffee make your spit brown even 30 mins after drinking? After rinsing mouth few times. I think its still "en grained" into my tongue some. My spit is still brown some 30 mins after drinking coffee.