PDA

View Full Version : Hello im Kenan

KenanW
04-12-14, 16:13
Hello all,

Im quite glad I have stumbled across this board. Sorry to be depressing but I currently feel in quite possibly the worst state I ever have.

I have a good job, a lovely beautiful caring girlfriend in a stable relationship, but for a few years have suffered with occasional anxiety problems. This year hasnt been too bad at all for me, up until now.

To cut a long story short about a year ago I started having problems with my sinuses. I'll get occasional dizziness but after a cold I get really bad dizziness, pressure in my head etc.. I take antibiotics from the DR and eventually it goes.

I quit smoking on 3rd November (finally).

Basically for like the last month I have had diziness that's got worse and head pressure that has got worse and worse.

For the last 2 weeks ive been on antibiotics. Last week Ammoxicillin and this week I am on Doxycyline.

I've noticed I feel like im going crazier and crazier but now as I sit here - I can't even describe how I feel.

My whole body feels tense. I look around me and everything seems weird and different. Last night my girlfriend came to stay at mine - I had my family together and my girlfriend, I should have been happier than ever - and I was, but I just didn't and still don't feel right.

I feel like im in a dream all day every day lately. I feel like I can't remember the previous weeks and can't seem to look forward to anything. It's making me so depressed.

I'm usually such a happy, outgoing person! I was feeling so positive with quitting smoking now I just feel like bursting into tears all day every day :(

I don't understand any of it. And despite family / girlfriend being lovely and caring.. nobody seems to really understand :(!

I just want the old me back.

Sorry for the depressing entrance, but it is through this pain and struggle I found you <3

Kenan x

aprilmoon
04-12-14, 16:17
Hi Kenan
Welcome to NMP
Hope you find some help and support on here.:)

venusbluejeans
04-12-14, 16:18
Hiya KenanW and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

kristaok
04-12-14, 17:42
Hello Kenan and welcome to NMP!

I'm sorry you're going through this, please know you're not alone here... I too suffer from similar things, I get dizzy, I can be quite forgetful, its like I'm existing but not living. Ever heard of auto pilot? That's a lot like it. It does suck and it seems to affect more than just the person who has these issues. :(

Juan Inch
04-12-14, 18:40
Hey Kenan

I am a CHRONIC sinus sufferer. Seems like I have it all year round. If its not the usual aches and pains in the face and head its post nasal drip for what feels like forever! I know what youre going through.

Sounds like the dizziness could just be part and parcel of the sinus problems / infection. I have had pretty bad dizzy spells with my sinus problems before. If your anxious about these it could well be propelling the dizziness to a WHOLE other level.

Once you get a bit down about it, the symptoms really can magnify. If its all you think about every day then its going to have a massive negative effect on your general mood. I know; I suffer from health anxiety. Not wanting to tempt fate here but I seem to be coming through a recent rough spell (the worst ever actually) following the discovery of my fathers illness. Its hard, but once I can take my mind off of all the aches and pains I have I automatically feel a whole bunch better. Not just the aches and pains, stomach problems etc either - my whole mood lifts and everything just seems 'clearer'.

Here are some things I tried and found to work for my sinus issues;

*Sinus pressure relieving meds (Sudafed - the red packaging ones)
*Antihistamines
*Steam inhalation (hot water, towel, bowl...job done).
*Sounds weird but I also found holding my nose and blowing so my ears popped released some pressure (I was told by my doctor this was safe to do and I had no problems).

These might only work in the short term and certainly wont stop any sinus problems altogether but might just get you through the next little while a bit easier.

Other than that, enjoy what you enjoy and try to stay busy to take your mind of it best you can. Just know it will get better dude.

KenanW
23-07-18, 20:19
Well, 4 years later i'm still here and it's even worse now :/

Bulging vein in left temple with numbness and feeling of head pressure

Off balance

Feeling lack of control in body

Derealization / not feeling right

Doctors at a loss.. had all scans blood tests etc.. Im on sertraline 100mg but 4 years of this crap really??

Scass
23-07-18, 21:31
I’m sorry you’re still feeling rubbish. What do you think it is?

What are the doctors looking for??
Is your anxiety talked about with your doctors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantMogwai
23-07-18, 23:17
The heat will not be helping. You exercising? Did you try Juan's advice especially regarding antihistamines? Also cut back on dairy.