PDA

View Full Version : Help

flatterycat
04-12-14, 21:08
Hello

I normally post on the Health Anxiety forum as that's where most of my anxiety is focused. However I am really struggling at the moment. I have been signed off work with anxiety and, after being frightened that I have a brain tumour and experiencing some weird symptoms I now find myself feeling scared because I have this awful feeling that I can't explain. My anxiety has generally followed a similar pattern over the years and so I'm fearing that this time it's not anxiety at all and that what I'm experiencing is something else. Basically I feel scared, I have moments where I just feel panicky but I don't know what about. I have this awful sense that something is wrong but I can't explain what it is. It's like a feeling of something bad is lurking or that things are just not right or normal.

I'm probably not making sense right now. I'm just struggling to cope becasue I can't explain. It's such a strong feeling of not feeling right without being able to explain why.

Can anyone relate to this?

Thanks
Sx

flatterycat
06-12-14, 16:42
Anyone?

wabbit1
06-12-14, 18:20
What you're saying sounds like it is anxiety. I get like that, I just feel that my world is going to collapse around me.

Are you on any meds or getting any other treatment?

flatterycat
06-12-14, 20:30
Hi there Wabbit

Thanks for replying. I'm on Sertraline - have been for sometime as I have suffered from anxiety for many, many years. I wasn't taking them properly though, kept missing them and then had a promotion and work was non stop. I'm also seeing a counsellor, but it was just this weird feeling that things aren't 'right' and because it's not exactly the same as I have had before it scares me.

X