PDA

View Full Version : Terrified its appendicitis spasmodic pain right hand side

gordie1
04-12-14, 22:06
Hi there
For the past 6 hours I have been having spasmodic pain lower right hand side ive not been sick and dont feel sick and have a normal appetite I do however have excessive wind and I am wondering if wind can be painful? I was worried because of location it could be appendix. I am so freaked out about the possibility of a general I dont know what I would do.

Superworrier
04-12-14, 22:14
Hi if this helps last year I was actually admitted to hospital with right sided pain , I thought I was dying it was that bad . Well afer an overnight stay and bloods taken the Dr diagnosed IBS he said that we have part of the lower bowel there the fact you say ou have wind could well indicate an IBS type pain.
If it doesn't settle with normal pain releave or you have a fever then maybe a trip to the Dr would be wise but please trust me right side pain can well be from the bowel xx

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

By the way also trust me and anyone else on here who has IBS that wind can be very painful x

venusbluejeans
04-12-14, 23:04
Appendicitis starts on the left hand side and then moves.. and trust me you wouldn't be typing om ere if you had appendicitis

debs71
04-12-14, 23:32
Yes, wind can be extremely painful, and can mimic all kinds of pain, including appendix pain. It is no coincidence that you have a load of wind and this pain concurrently.

Having a bout of it myself at the moment - and I also have IBS - and it sucks BIG TIME!!!!! :mad:

There are things that help - peppermint tea, capsules like Wind Settlers or another good and very helpful thing (and this may sound stupid) is self-massage. There is a video on your tube if you just search for: 'How to alleviate Constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome'.

This massage is fantastic, and really works to release trapped wind and reduce pain.