PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety in pregnancy creeping up

cattia
04-12-14, 22:14
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and although my anxiety is not out of control I can feel it creeping up more and more. I am waiting to go back to the GP on Tuesday next week about a mole that he wanted to watch for a fortnight. I picked it so now it has a scab on it so I'm worried about that.
I was due for my cervical smear but when I got the letter through in August I was a few weeks pregnant so now by the time I can have it done it is going to be almost a year over due so I'm also worried about that.
My default worry which is more about my kids than about me, is my kids being diagnosed with autism. The past few days my daughter has come home from school and said she didn't play with anyone so that's set me off on that path again, this is something I have worried about with both my kids on and off over the years although nobody else is concerned about them.
Tonight I was reading something in the news that mentioned still birth - this is something I have worried about in all my pregnancies so now I am also worrying a out that again.
Not really expecting any answers. I am not on any medication and don't intend to go on any whilst I am pregnant or breastfeeding. I have always used a lot of relaxation and self hypnosis but for some reason I haven't felt at all like doing it since being pregnant. I have another 16 weeks to get through and I don't want it getting any worse. I can feel myself getting into that mindset where I go over and over the same thing in my mind and obsess about the same worries.