PDA

View Full Version : Annoying shaking...

Skkyee
05-12-14, 14:02
Im feel ing sooooo much better recently. Looking forward to xmas, feeling relaxed, off to London for a few days to 'take in xmas', packing and cleaning today. feeling altogether well. So why am I still shakey? annoying. I tend to feel it after activity, if im busy and i sit down, or sometimes even if i dont sit down... if im rushing about or very active, i notice both my hands are shaky, sometimes really visibly, and i feel like ive lost precision? does that even make sense... then i sit and calm down and im fine... adrenalin right? Echos of past medical worries swim in my head from time to time, even tho i currently know its irrational... im putting stress on my nerves and muscles and activating underlying symptoms of some horrible un named illness..... sigh... does it ever leave us?

Anyway so here i am doing what we are told not to do and obsessively seeking reassurance....

While typing this the shaking has all but stopped btw... so bored of this now.

xx

jimsmrs
05-12-14, 15:52
I had that this time last year thought my sertraline was a placebo (fake tablet)I couldn't drive as my feet were shaking too!!.. went to GP.. he took my pulse 126 bpm 'Arr yes I think your anxiety is back, but I'll take some blood' he prescribed me Propranol (a beta-blocker). 5 days later blood results came back...Over-active Thyroid!! Various meds trying to control it until the hospital decided to destroy it with Radio-iodine. Now on Levothyroxine and sometimes I have my meds reduced, then increased, so at the moment I don't know whether it's my anxiety or the Thyroid medication making me feel weird. It might be worth you going to your GP and ask for a Thyroid function test.

Skkyee
05-12-14, 21:54
Thank you very much for the advice :-)

I will keep it in mind and go see the dr after xmas if needed..... im a bit dr phobic so i might just give it chance to pass first! ..... I have a feeling, considering that relaxing always makes it fade, it could well be just the anxiety, i don't have any other symptoms of hyperthyroidism... but u never can tell :-)

What does anyone else think?

xxx